Chapter Thirty Three: The Wall

It was a bad combination for Eddmina's mood, a confrontation with the Queen and a disagreement with her twin. She felt as though a swarm of wasps were buzzing within her, and while she wanted to go off and hide in the godswood until her mood improved, she also felt as though she just wanted to scream. Not only did she have the conversation with Cersei running through her mind, the Queen always succeeding in ruining any sort of positive mood Eddmina was in, but she also had the knowledge that for the first time ever she didn't have Robb on her side. They rarely disagreed but his reaction to her news infuriated her, feeling as though she didn't have her other half for the first time in her whole life. Yet, another part of her didn't care. Let him act immature, as if nothing would ever change, as if they would never have to grow up and move on with their lives.

Eddmina headed down to the great hall in the hopes that she would still be in time to get some breakfast. If not, she decided she'd just go down to the kitchens and sneak some food there. She realised then that she was actually rather hungry and it must have been the first morning in months she hadn't woken up feeling ill. She decided after breakfast to go to the library and try and track down any books about pregnancy, feeling severely uninformed on what her own body was going through.

By the time she reached the hall there was only one table still occupied, though she recognised Jon and the Tyrells with relief. She was desperately hungry, but she wasn't sure she was that desperate that she'd sit alone, or worse, sit with any of the visiting Southerners. As she got closer, she noticed Jon was watching her from across the hall, and as the others heard her footsteps they looked up. One look to Jon's serious expression and the smirk Garlan was wearing told her that somehow, they already knew. Eddmina just hoped Jon would take the news better than Robb, as she was in no mood to fall out with two brothers that day.

"Morning," she called, ignoring the fact that the table were all watching her.

At her arrival, Willas rose from his seat, greeting her with a smile and a kiss to her cheek, and Eddmina tried not to blush. She took a seat to his left, the others sat across from them, and though she was determined to act as though everything was normal, one glance to Leonette - who was clearly struggling to hide a grin - and Garlan - who's gaze kept flicking between her and Willas - Eddmina knew it would be impossible to ignore the elephant in the room.

"I've been to see Bran," she said, looking directly at Jon. Perhaps mentioning her sick brother would get the attention away from her. "He didn't look too awful, he seemed as though he was just sleeping. It was my mother who looked the sick one,"

"Do you think she'd let me see him?" Jon asked her, his voice cautious as if he already knew the inevitable answer.

"You're his brother," Eddmina replied simply, deciding that that day was not the best to be reminded of her mother's cruelty, already having plenty on her mind.

It was then that Willas slid a plate of food in front of her, what looked to be bread rolls, cheese and fruit preserve. It was the only full plate left on the table, he'd clearly saved her what was left over from what they had been served, and she flashed him a grateful smile. The small bread rolls were still warm so she quickly went about tearing into them and spreading a generous amount of preserve onto each half, trying to ignore that everyone was still watching her. The table had fallen silent, as if they were waiting for her to talk, but in her stubbornness she decided to just wait, wanting to see how long it would be until someone finally brought up the topic they were all clearly eager to discuss.

She had nearly finished eating when Garlan was the first one to break.

"You must be thirsty, sister, would you like some wine?" he asked smugly, gesturing between the flagon in the middle of the table and her empty goblet, though she also caught his quick glance to Willas, as if he was desperate to annoy him; it clearly worked.