An Interesting Title

Laura was helping Mr. Crow. Yes, Laura Vanderboom helping Aldous Vanderboom. So, just recently, he'd told her about his big crush on a certain someone and needed advice on how to win them over. She got overly curious and wouldn't stop asking who it was.

"Come onnnn, it's just me, I won't tell anyone," she insisted while (gently) whacking the old crow with his cane.

"Laura, I came for advice, not extra back pain," he said.

"Tell what?" came the voice of the Dale Vandermeer as he stepped into the room, taking his hat off and hanging it up.

"Nothing, detective," Aldous said, black eyes looking at Laura.

"At least tell me if it's a man or a woman, I'll know what to do better, how to impress better," she tried.

Aldous sighed. "It's...Detective would you mind leaving the room?"

Dale looked at him as he was suddenly mentioned. "Huh?"

"Hey, why don't you tell him too? Maybe he has some good tips," Laura suggested.

Aldous shook his head, sighing as he closed his eyes in annoyance.

"Telling you was a mistake, why go any further?" he asked.

"Told her what? Tell me what?" Dale asked and sat down on the couch beside the two.

"Please don't," Aldous said lowly.

"Oh I will," Laura said with a grin.

The crow sighed, knowing there was no stopping the young woman from doing just that now.

"So you see, our dear Mr Crow has a crush on someone and came to me for help," she began. "But he won't tell me who it is. I asked for the gende-"

"Is it the Owl?" Dale interrupted.

Aldous's head shot up. "How..Why would you think Mr Owl of all people?" he asked.

Dale laughed. "Well, what more can you expect from me? I'm an expert detective after all. Your small actions that would normally go unnoticed by many people didn't slip past me,"

He lit a cigarette and put it between his lips, inhaling deeply before continuing, "Plus, you're both birds and I thought you two were lovers from the start," he said, smoke falling from his mouth as he spoke.

"Heyyy," Laura piped in. "Now that you mention it, Mr Crow, does get a bit stiff around Mr. Owl! Damn I never thought of that!"

Aldous was hunched over, face in his hands, as they talked about how his actions weren't so invisible after all.

"Hey, Mr. Crow, I've got an idea!" Laura said and tapped Aldous's back. "Why don't you just go check up on him, talk, maybe ask him out-"

"That's how you and Bob got together?" Dale asked, interrupting her again.

Laura shot him a glare. "Of course not,"

"And also, that's not what Mr. Crow should do. I agree with checking up on him, but not asking him out on the spot. Talking with him would be a good start, why not go and try that ol' guy?" Dale said.

Mr. Crow let out a barely audible mumble, "I guess I'll go and do that,"

He happily left the two giggling dumbfucks after retrieving his cane. As he walked over to the Owl's office, he thought about the possible outcomes. Most likely Jakob wouldn't accept it, he'd probably get fired. But he'd make sure to steal a peck (lame joke but..get it? Peck-) before he left the Lake.

Then before he knew it, he was standing right outside the thickly polished wooden door. He hesitated before reaching out a gloved hand, touching the knob. He immediately stopped himself from opening the door. Thank god too, he would've been dead. So he pulled back his hand. He had to look good.

Aldous straightened his posture a bit and slipped his hand over his slick jet black feathers before opening the door.

And shit did he regret it.

Jakob turned around, eyes wide as his bare back was exposed to the Crow. Aldous immediately turned around, apologizing profusely and slamming the door shut.

He tried to breathe correctly. But what he just saw kept flashing in his mind and it made breathing difficult. Suddenly, the door opened and Jakob stood in the doorway, expression sour.

"Ever heard of knocking?" he asked.

Aldous muttered something but it was incomprehensible, he tried to be a bit more brave about this. He tried to look less embarrassed but he was sure he missed that by over 100 miles. 

He was fucked big time.