Chapter 32

ELLA

Nightfall came quickly and we all went to bed. Except me of course, I was sitting at the monitors watching Lana and Lorraine talk while Jack ate some food in his room.

I felt it first before I saw it, a wash of warm air on my neck before the dull thud. I stared at the screen, Lana and Lorraine were still in the room. So, I turned my head slightly and started at the couple standing in the living room.

"Why, if it isn't Clare St. Paul " the woman started, "is this where you've been hiding for the past decade"

I relaxed and smiled " Jeyne Keynell, are you a sight for sore eyes? The issue of my missing is a long complicated story" I hugged her, then I hugged her soul mate and husband Adam Keynell.

"Sit down, let me fetch Delia"

As they made their way to the couch, Delia shot out of Norris' room like an arrow, naked too.

Adam looked away, but Jeyne hugged her fiercely "naked as usual" She said, the smile fading off her face when she sees Norris standing at the door.

"Is that Arthur, when did he become so slim?" Adam asked.

"I have no interest in him anymore " Delia said, grabbing a coverlet.

Adam picked up the silver disk I had picked and examined it.

"I might be blind, but isn't this the Eternity disk?"

"It is" I replied. "Lana has Jacques captive, see?" I motioned to the monitors

"What does the Eternity disk do?" Norris asked.

"Well son, this is a second disk, the other disk is the Love disk. Whoever wants to change a soul mate only needs both hearts, the hearts are divided into two equal parts and halves are switched. They will be stitched and placed on the disks and then they shall burn in light. Leaving whoever as the new soul mate." She set down the disk gingerly.

"What happens to the old soul mate?" Norris asked again.

"He dies" Adam intoned sipping on the juice I had served.

so that's why Delia and Lorraine are here, they're surgeons. Norris thought.

The Keynells stood and hugged us.

"Good luck, we have to leave" Jeyne said, winking at me. Then they faded away.

Well, at Least now he knows what's gonna happen.

I stared at the monitor and ran my hand over the uniform.

"Bedtime " I said "good night"

Morning came quick enough and I grew anxious, time seemed to drag, I ate, watched the monitors. Delia and Norris were having ruff n' tumble in the sheets, so I didn't interfere.

Delia emerged from the bedroom around 11.

"A perfect ten" She sighed, her entire body flushed.

"You need to calm down, have you eaten? "

I shook my head, I do a better job on an empty stomach. She gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and walked away. Naked as usual, I smiled.

Norris came out fully dressed and showered, from the smell of it. He plopped down beside me, the tips of his ears glowing pink, he fumbled with the keyboard, putting my name in the room service rooster and arranging for my key card and cleaners trolley.

By the time he was done, it was 1:30. I got up, put on my uniform, straightened my name tag and brushed my hair, Norris gave me his old glasses and Delia triple protected me.

"They're leaving the apartment." Norris reported.

"Wish me Luck," I said, leaving the bungalow for the main hotel.

Ms. Rodriguez, that's me. I chanted the name in my head until it stuck.

I went downstairs, got my cleaning trolley and headed for the service elevator. It was quick and by the time it opened at the penthouse floor, Lana and Lorraine were standing in front of the elevator.

"Good Afternoon, miss" I said politely

"Hello" Lorraine said. "The Third bedroom is locked, don't clean there, just everything else "

I nodded and pushed the trolley, dancing salsa in my head when Lana's voice boomed "Wait. Turn Around"

Uh oh.