Preview

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share a sneakpeak for the first chapter of Zina 2. I don't know when I'll post the full length chapter yet as this is all I've written so far. Im hoping soon once my summer classes end in July becuase I have entire month of august free so fingers crossed I'll be able to drop it then. Hope this hold you guys until then. Thank you to everyone who's message my board about when this book will be back. It means a lot to know you guys are still interested in this story.

Warning ⚠️

You are about to read Zina 2. If you haven't read the first book of the same title this story will NOT make sense. Recommended you start with Zina 1 first!! Picture up above of book 1. Proceed with this in mind.

....

Yesterday

Mathias picks me up carries me. Instead of using the elevator thankfully he takes the stairs. I close my eyes relaxing in his warmth focusing on taking deep breaths in and out. When we get outside the sun is brighter in the sky.

Soon I'm being settled in my seat. Mathias climbing in an taking off.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm okay."

"Okay. Don't scare me like that. I thought you fainted."

"Sorry I couldn't help it."

"I know baby. You had a panic attack. I'm sorry you had to face her. You won't ever have to see her again and this time I won't break my promise."

"Okay. I forgive you. Take me home."

"You got it. Let's go home."
....

Few Days Later

When Zina almost fainted I swear my heart almost stopped. I thought the worst had happened and I immediately blamed myself because it was my fault for taking her to see her mother. If she could even be called a mother. But thankfully after we came home, with a few hours of rest she was up and well again.

She seems okay but somehow like she isn't truly. She's recluded back into her old ways. She's not talking and she doesn't eat much. Zina shows all the signs of someone suffering from trauma. I find myself praying it's not PTSD. Her little body clings to me wherever I go. Not that I mind but I know it's because I'm her only safety net.

If I had known this would happened I would have done everything differently. I would have made Leonis find another way to get Jemila to sign over her parental rights without Zina having to see her. But it's too late now.

What's done is done. Now all I can do is pick up the pieces and try by my best to help her feel better.

"Zina won't you please eat, for me. Please."

I don't know what to do to get her to eat dinner. I'm getting worried. She hasn't eating all day and she barely ate yesterday after we came back home. She only looks at the plate pushing it one side. Shrugging her cute little shoulders in defiance.

I've already eaten. I didn't leave the table before, I'm afraid if I do she won't sit back down.

"Please Zina. What do I have to do to get you to eat? I'll do anything."

She pulls out her phone and starts tying away. Holding it up she shows me.

I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I want us to spend the day together.

"Yeah. If you get a day off from school you'll eat?"

She mouths out, yes. I got her enrolled and I'd hate her missing a day in her studies so soon but I'll hate her not eating even more. The choice was pretty much made for me.

"Okay, no school tomorrow."

Zina pulls the plate back and starts to eat slowy. I watch her making sure she's alright. She chews slowy like she's not really tasting anything just eating for the sake of eating. I get up taking my plate to the sink. If only Seline were here maybe she'd be able to get through to her.

Going back over I sit beside her rubbing her back. Her dreads fall down like ropes. I know she wants to get them re-twisted. So maybe if she's up for it we can do that tomorrow evening.

Zina eats until she must be full. Looks up at me. I use a napkin to wipe her face. Picking up her plate I throw the rest away. She ate most of it.

"Zina let's to bed."

She gets up taking my hand. We climb the stairs together heading to my room. She hasn't slept in her own room for awhile now. Since we've started dating. He gets into bed together with her pressing her face up against my chest. I hold her wishing I knew what to do to make her better.

I kiss her forehead and whisper.

"Good night. I love you."

Right before I shut my eyes I hear the faintest voice.

"I love you too."
....

Sorry this is all I have so far. I know its a tease but I thought I should post it because I want you guys to know. I do plan on working on this once my schedule frees up. This is unedited.

Thanks for your patience guys.

What do you guys think so far?