Captain; Til Death Fuckin Kills Us (MLM)

Prompt: G:OK SO WHAT IF Y/N was a solider for a long time and they started getting a crush on captain but for obvious reasons they just kinda didn't wanna admit it so one day they have a chance to be alone and you think you're gonna make the move BUT NO HE COMES OUT AND CONFESSES AND FLUFFY SHIT AND AND UH YEAH IDK I KNOW ITS VAUGE BUT IM TRYING [cry]

(either nblm or mlm because yes 🙏) - requested by kixen13__

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sighed, my chest heaving with anxiety. Today was supposed to be the final day of my employment because I was retiring, and the whole platoon was going to make a ceremony for me. So, the night before, I was told by Captain that I had to make a farewell speech, and I did. I wrote my speech, which ended up taking a lot of energy from me.

'There are going to be some things I miss. Actually, no. This place was just full of idiots who make jokes.' I chuckled to myself, straightening out my uniform. As a corporal, I was just below Cap, who was sending me off.

'Ah, Captain. The one who recruited me here nearly four years ago. The same one I fell in love with. Heh. Even after three years of having emotions towards him, I still could never admit my feelings towards him. Is it because I'm a man? Am I afraid if he rejects me? For all I know, he could be putting up this fruity act and probably is homophobic. I-'

"Yo, L/N, ya ready?" Steve asked, bringing his goggles down from his face. "Ah, yeah, I'm ready. Just a bit nervous is all," I admitted, frowning. "Don't worry, you'll do great. I betcha." He patted my back, helping me calm down a bit. My uniform was empty, as of now, besides my rank, but today would be the day I receive my awards from Captain himself. "Come on, let's go. The ceremony's about to start." Steve whisked me away from my bunk and led me to the back of the stage. "God, you all really put effort into the, huh? I thought you guys would just slap together some wood and make it look as dog shit as possible but you guys..." I left off, noticing Steve wasn't beside me anymore. "Son of a-"

"Good afternoon, soldiers. Today," Captain took a pause before continuing, "is a special day. Today marks the day that one of our soldiers retires, based on his decisions. We all know who the soldier is. It is an honor that our platoon has come from a measly three soldiers into the best in all our company, and it is also an honor that Corporal L/N has come from this very platoon. L/N is one of the best this platoon has to offer. That is why it is very heart breaking to say that L/N is leaving this platoon to pursue his career.

"Though here for a short time, L/N has grown significantly, from his emotions being as frail as a thin flake of mica to growing skin as hard as a diamond. I, as Sergeant of this platoon, am grateful that I have had the privilege to have L/N work in my platoon and help expand it," Captain finished, and I could hear the smile from behind the stage. As a sign of respect, the platoon clapped, and I was told to head on stage.

Marching onto the stage, like I rehearsed before today, I saluted Captain, who saluted back. I was right; he was smiling. I smiled back and waited for him to bring his hand down from his forehead, and once he did, I did as well. He leaned back close to the microphone to say, "We will now begin the awards part of the ceremony."

After a while, I had received all my awards, which included a purple heart. I was shocked; sure, getting my foot shot off in war hurt like a motherfucker, but I didn't think I was gonna get an award for that. Nonetheless, the after-party was what I was excited about.

"L/N, nice to see ya! Hope you do well back out there!" A soldier smiled, waving. I waved back, before I felt someone grab my hand and push me into a corner. "What the f- Cap?" I looked up, finding him looking behind him. "Cap." "Hmm? Oh, right." He backed off, and I dusted myself off. "Why'd you bring me... here?" Captain's eyes widened, and he averted his gaze. "Cap?" "Ah, I-... I may as well just show you."

What this man did next startled me.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.

I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. Eventually, Captain pulled away, anxiety evident in his eyes. "Ah, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that-"

"Oh shut up, cock head," I chuckled, pulling him in for another kiss. "So this means you'll stay?"

"Yeah, I think so." With that, he hugged me tightly, and I tighter. 

"Til death kills the both of us."