Chapter 4

*Hey all, sorry for the delay, I've been struggling with inspiration lately and season three did not help, to be honest. I saw some comments here, interest, and it gave me some motivation so here is a short chapter to get us going again hopefully! Like and comment, pretty please, let me know what you think! Love you all lots!*

-

That night was the last time Izzy would see or hear from Nestor for almost a week. During that time she'd heard some things, she'd seen some things, and she had begun to put a lot of those things together. Granted, she already had a pretty good idea who Miguel Galindo was, it would have taken a lot of cognitive dissonances to be able to ignore the fact that he, her dear friend Emily and her newest crush was royalty of the goddamn cartel. All those things she put together were the reason she was hesitant, maybe even nervous, when he showed up at her door again looking far needier than the last time.

Padding across the living room, she flicked on the lamp in the doorway and slowly opened the door.

"Hi," she said with a small smile. Still, Izzy was unable to deny her attraction to him even if he was far more dangerous, directly and indirectly, than she originally knew. "Are you okay?"

"Izzy," he huffed, "I'm sorry I keep doing this."

"It's becoming a habit, yes," she chuckled, letting him know she wasn't annoyed or upset. "Come on, come in," she muttered, stepping aside.

"Uh," he glanced back at his SUV for a moment before taking her hand and gently pulling her with him into the driveway. She didn't move as easily as he would have liked but he understood even if his reasoning was different than hers.

"What is it?" She asked hesitantly.

Approaching the back door with him, she looked through the window and gasped. There was a small child, bundled up under a blanket sleeping soundly. She would have been less surprised to see a dead body more than a kid back there. She looked at Nestor expectantly although she wasn't sure she wanted the truth. Maybe she was overreacting, thinking the worst simply because of the very heavy truth she so recently accepted.

"Who is that?" She asked, swallowing hard as she did. "Nestor, I'm -"

"My friend's kid," he blurted out, not sure how else to explain who Paco was and not daring to touch what had happened to him. "I need some help. I'm not a kid guy."

"Oh, is he...?" As soon as she asked she shook her head. "The less I know the better, actually. I'm a mandated reporter, if I know something happened to this boy or his guardian I'm legally obligated to report it. You're just... babysitting, right?"

Nestor hadn't thought of it but when she said that it made all the sense in the world and he chastised himself for involving her in something like this. At least it was likely the Galindo name could clean up any unlikely messes that would arise from this situation.

"Exactly," he said, cool, calm, and incredibly convincing even though Isabella knew for sure he was lying.

"In that case," she pursed her lips, "I can help. I have a spare room if you're looking for somewhere to let him sleep," as soon as she offered Izzy regretted it, it was so dangerous but she couldn't leave the kid to sleep in the backseat of a car and, as ashamed as it made her feel, she wanted to help Nestor, she liked him and the feelings were only growing despite the barely veiled truth.

Nestor nodded, quietly opening the back door and gently scooping the kid up. He followed Izzy toward the house noticing how she anxiously looked around her neighbors' homes for any unwanted eyes on them.

"End of the hall on the left," she told him, gesturing up the steps, watching as Nestor carried the boy up with ease and concern, her heart thumping in her chest. What the hell was she getting herself into?