Chapter 9

"Where's Jauregui?"

"Sir, you need to calm down. You can't come in without an appointment."

Selena tries her best to keep the tall, aggressive man at bay. Her employees around her start fearing for their lives as they don't know what he's capable of. He could have a weapon on him for all they know. Security is called quick.

"I don't care. Jauregui is next on my list," Shawn hisses, pushing past her.

"Your press conference is scheduled for tomorrow at 10 so you should be in the auditorium no later than 9:30 to prepare-"

"Oh my god!" Lauren exclaims, causing Ally to snap her head up from her tablet.

"What?!"

"Look how cute they are," Lauren turns her phone to show Ally an adorable photo of Olivia and Jason swinging on the swings together during recess. Camila had snapped the picture and sent it to Lauren right away, knowing she would die at the sight. "I have the best kids in the world," she coos with a cute, pouty face.

"Lauren," Ally sighs, removing her glasses. "I know you have the best kids in the world but we have a lot to do here."

Lately, Ally's job has consisted of getting Lauren to concentrate on work. She's just been so distracted with her children and... well, Camila.

"You're right, you're right. I'm sorry," the boss puts down her phone and focuses on her assistant again.

"Okay, like I was saying-"

"Lauren." Just then, one of the security guards enters her office, sounding out of breath.

"Jesus Christ," Ally rolls her eyes at the constant interruptions. Can she just do her job for once?

"Sorry but, there's been an intruder. A man. He was coming after you," he explains hurriedly, shutting the door behind him and locking it.

Lauren frowns. "After me?"

"Don't worry. We got him in handcuffs now, holding him till the police get here. But the employees are frightened-"

"Woah, who's the man? I need to go out there," Lauren gets out of her chair and heads toward the door.

"I've been told by the head of security to keep you here until he's off the premises," he blocks her from leaving.

"And I'm telling you as the head of head of security to let me out of my goddamn office," she demands. Ally shakes her head, chuckling.

"Yes, ma'am," the guard sure as hell won't say no to the CEO.

He steps aside and follows both her and Ally outside and down the elevator. "Who is this guy? Do we have a name?"

"None that I heard so far. He was tall, though. Six foot something, long brown, curly hair... thin."

"Shawn," both Ally and Lauren say in unison.

"Why would Shawn be trying to break in and come for you like this?" Ally frowns at the boss.

"Because he's a fucking lunatic," Lauren rolls her eyes and once the elevator door opens, the chaos is revealed. Almost every single employee on the first floor is nowhere to be seen. Selena was even with the police, looking frightened.

"Miss Jauregui," the head of security, Bill, approaches her.

"What's the meaning of all this? Where's Mendes?" she asks, peering around at her disheveled business.

"He's in the custody of the police now. We stopped him before he tried anything dangerous," he explains.

Just then an actual police officer comes up from her right. "Miss Jauregui, there's been an incident involving Mr. Mendes and the mother of your child, Veronica Iglesias."