𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘰𝘭

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE; FOUNDER'S DAY

❝ she was dying her whole life, but people only listened when her heart actually stopped ❞

she was dying her whole life, but people only listened when her heart actually stopped

[ songs to listen to during this chapter ]
till forever falls apart, ashe/ the end of the world, billie eilish / everybody wants to rule the world, tears for fears / angel by the wings, sia / as the world caves in, matt maltease / arcade, duncan lewis/ running up that hill, kat bush

・ 。゚☆

mystic falls high school

CARMEN HAD BEGUN TO WONDER if she would need a new escort for the parade last night, but she had gotten a text for Arthur assuring her he'd be there. She didn't know why him spending so much time doing what he'd come to Mystic Falls to do and not contacting her made her feel uneasy. Like something, anything, had happened to him and he was dead. Or worse, he just left town without a goodbye because he just didn't care about her.

But seeing his text right before she went to bed filled her with relief. So when she woke the next morning and began getting ready she was grateful not to be riddled with last minute anxiety. Which she thought did her justice because her hair was perfectly pinned up into an elegant and time accurate half up half down look. She had mostly white eye shadow except for her inner corners being a light orange and the orange eye liner she'd done.

She felt her makeup had perfectly complemented the dress Caroline had helped her pick out. Once she was done her father had taken about 30,000 photos of her before Caroline and Matt had come to pick her up. She had lost them once they arrived at the school as she began looking around for Arthur.

She had stopped for a moment looking at people setting up a cotton candy stand. Carmen was debating whether or not to wait for them to be done when she felt a presence close behind her. Unable to help herself she smiled knowing it was him, "You're a fan of the dramatic entrance Mr. Knight," she said turning Aron to face him.

His hair was down and Carmen couldn't stop starring at his eyes, they were always so captivating. And his sly smile always had a way of making her blush, especially when he said, "Of course ma'am, life is all about presentation."

"And you definitely present yourself nicely," Carmen complemented as he posed allowing her a full look at his attire. Part of her wondered if he was just wearing things he may have still had since 1864, but she decided not to ask.