Fresh Blood

The boy had to be at least my dads age, but he looked too young so maybe around mine. I couldn't see his face clearly as he was wearing a mask. My grip was on his shirt and jacket, the toxin still up at his face. He just stared at me with a huge, idiotic grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and stuffed the toxin back in to my pocket and threw him on the ground. He stumbled backwards and lifted his head.

"Ouch, someone's angry," he said. I rolled my eyes, once again and stood with my back to the wall, one foot leaning on it and my arms crossed, waiting for him to stand up. He stood up and I studied him. Green. Green converse, and a green top. Although he was wearing black jeans. I must have thrown off his jacket as it was laying on the ground next to me, he searched around for his hat before finding it and placing it on his hand. Of course, the hat was green. I picked up the jacket and studied it for a moment. Green (Of course) with little black question marks on it. I couldn't tell if this was Ethan or his dad!

"Um, sorry," I apologised. I handed him his jacket and he took it with a weak smile to let me know it was okay. I returned the smile. He slid the jacket on and stood there awkwardly.

"Uh, could you pass me my cane?" he asked. I jumped and turned around to pick up his cane and hand it to him. He took it and stood in a Riddler like pose. I scratched the back of my head, looking for something to say. I really couldn't tell if this was Ethan or Edward. They both looked so alike, almost as tall as each other, almost the same outfit. Well, his dads was covered in question marks but the guy could go for a new look. But, I doubted Edward even remembered me. I decided to say a stupid thing, which, if I was right that this was who I thought it was, then it would be the stupidest question ever.

"Uh, I'm looking for, uh, Ethan Nashton, I don't know if you may have seen him...anywhere," I hesitated. A small smile curved on his lips. I looked to my side and thought 'idiot' over and over again.

"Of course, I know Ethan, he's my son," he said, spinning around to face steps. My eyes widened in shock. How could he possibly remember me? I followed him down the steps and to a wall. He put his hand against some sort of scanner thing and the wall pushed in and moved aside. He stood aside and gestured for me to enter. I hesitated at first before walking in and setting my eyes on the beautiful sight in front of me. There was a railing and a waterfall. I walked up to the waterfall, ignoring my acrophobia and ogling at the pretty sight.

"Nice, isn't it?" asked a familiar voice. I spun around to face Ethan. He half smiled at me and joined me at the edge. His dad crossed the room and pressed a button which revealed an elevator. Before stepping into the elevator, he turned round to face us.

"Caralyn, you shouldn't stay out too late, get back at a point where Jonny boy won't get suspicious," he informed, smirking. My eyes widened, he just stayed with that smirk. I blinked and came back to my sense of speech.

"How did you know about my sneaking out?" I asked him, eyeing him suspiciously, trying to raise an eyebrow, failing. I could never lift one eyebrow and I always made a weird face when I tried.

"Please, Caralyn, it's not like your dad would let you go anywhere, is it? Plus, I'm the Riddler, I know everything," he enlightened. I blinked and then Ethan piped up.

"You only know everything because you spy on everyone with your monitors up there," he said, pointing upwards. Edward scowled and I giggled a bit. He sighed and walked into the elevator, probably going up to his monitor room.

"So, what are you doing here?" asked Ethan. I explained what had happened with Edward and he was having a laughing fit at how I couldn't tell if Edward was Edward or him. I scowled. He calmed down, wiping tears from his eyes.

"Ooh, let's go and find Alex!" I suggested, dragging him out of his lair. His hysterical face turned into a look of hesitation. I kept grinning at him while dragging him upstairs and out of the alleyway they hid on.