Blood Atop The Ice

Jungkook stared attentively at the skaters smooth movements, eyes following jumps and spins that blended together in an artistic performance. Before he knew it, the music had stopped and so had Jimin. He blinked, shocked at how entranced he had been.

"Jungkook! That was amazing, wasn't it! I told you he was my favourite!" Hoseok grinned, voice bright and eyes sparkling.

"He's so pretty- I mean, the show, it was really pretty. Yeah!" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck with a nervous laugh.

"Well, the ice is free, wanna join me so I can finally teach you?" The man's head was tilted playfully, looking down at Jungkook now that he was stood up.

Jungkook's eyes widened, and a breathy chuckle passed his lips, "I love dancing, but I'd prefer not to do it with knives on my feet. Enjoy!"

Hoseok nodded, red hair bouncing as he bounded down the stairs to the rink, already in his ice skates. His friend watched as he removed the covering from the blades, not noticing the person sitting down next to him.

"Hey, you alright?"

Jungkook practically lept high enough to be able to pull off a quintuple axel, eyes wide and a yelp coming from his throat as he saw the beautiful skater.

His eyes quickly mapped his features up close, the silver hair styled into a side part, the blue contacts that most likely hid brown eyes, the elegant costume and finally landing on plump lips that opened again in a laugh.

"Sorry! I, uh, you were really good! You're Jungkook, no I'm Jungkook, you're Jimin right?" He fumbled, tips of his ears flushing.

"Yes, I'm Jimin. Hello, Jungkook." The name rolled off the skater's tongue perfectly, his smiling eyes drawing the taller in.

"Hi.. you're beautiful. I mean, the skating was beautiful! Not that you aren't of course, I- I should just shut up." Jungkook stared at the floor, hiding behind his dark hair.

"No, carry on. It's cute." Jimin smiled, grabbing the brunette's hand, "Now, let's get you some skates, I'll pay because you look like a university student. No point coming to an ice rink and doing nothing!"

Jungkook followed along as if he were a lost puppy.

-

"Come on, try to keep your balance without me now." Jimin let go of the taller's arm, and Jungkook bravely attempted to skate. However, the front of his skate dug into the ice, launching him forward and...

Into Jimin?

"Weren't you just behind me? Aren't I heavy?" Jungkook questioned as soon as he stood up and regained his balance, seeing Jimin roll his eyes.

"Perks of being a skater: fast reflexes, strength. Don't worry about it." He smiled, skating away backwards. "Try to catch me, I dare you!"

-

The second time Jungkook fell was, again, when he positioned his foot wrong and almost face-planted into the ice. Jimin caught him again, showing his intoxicating smile and dismissing any worries he had.

-

"Jungkook! You looked like you had a lot of fun again today, being caught by Jimin. Did you fall on purpose?" Hoseok teased as he pulled Jungkook's hair into a bun again.

"No! It's like he's got some supernatural reflexes, though, it's amazing." He sighed, expression fond as he thought about the skater.

"I'm definitely bringing you again."

-

"Jungkook, just copy me! I'll walk you through it, okay?" Jimin smiled encouragingly, and Jungkook noticed his teeth shining, appearing to be unusually sharp.

"Okay, fine! Are you sure?" He glanced over to where Hoseok was practicing a couple jumps, suddenly wanting to pay attention to anything other than Jimin's sharp teeth that could bite him and mark him up while pulling his hair and-

"I'm sure, don't worry. I'll make sure you don't fall."

So that was a fucking lie.

Jungkook cried out, failing to steady himself after stumbling and falling on his knee that had a healing scab, re-opening it.

"Jungkook, are you- you're bleeding." Jimin's eyes were wide, pupils slightly dilated while he picked Jungkook up as if he weighed nothing, skating over to Hoseok as quickly as possible.

"Jimin- what's wrong?" Hoseok snapped to attention as soon as he saw the panicking man.

"Jungkook- blood, phobia, need to go!" Jimin placed him down gingerly, hurrying away from the scene and leaving Jungkook more confused than ever.

"C'mon Kook, let's get you cleaned up."

-

"Is Jimin okay? Why was he so freaked out?" Jungkook questioned, concerned.

"He's just got a fear of blood, don't worry. Something happened with an old friend and he gets terrified these days." Hoseok spoke, wiping at Jungkook's knee with alcohol before grabbing some bandages from next to his chair. "You should really come to me whenever you hurt yourself, why didn't you tell me yesterday?"

Jungkook flushed slightly, "I would've had to explain how I did it."

"You know I saw the whole thing, right? You were right outside of the coffee shop, you slammed your head into a lamp post and somehow scraped your knee after I sent you a picture of Jimin." Hoseok grinned cheekily at Jungkook's nervous laugh and flushed face.

"Let's just go back onto the ice."

-

"Hey, Jimin! Do you want to go to the park later, I heard there's butterflies this time of year!" Jungkook smiled, hoping the shorter man would accept.

"I'm so sorry, I burn really easily even with sunscreen. What about one of those night-blooming gardens, if you're willing to stay up?"

-

"So, how about we get a garlic bread to share?" Jimin's eyes widened slightly at Jungkook's request, causing confusion.

"I'm intolerant, garlic gives me really bad stomach aches. What about this big pasta meal, I've had it before!" His lips turned up slightly, eyes shy.

"Of course!"

-

"Wow that earring is beautiful, can I buy it for you?" Jungkook gazed in wonder at the dazzling pair.

"Maybe gold instead of silver? It infects my piercings, sorry Kook."

-

Jungkook frowned, searching on his laptop to find some sort of way to deal with a garlic intolerance, easily burnt skin and sensitivity to silver jewelry but all he could find were fake supernatural blogs. He sighed and decided to just head to the forest to relax.

-

As he strayed further away from the footpath, Jungkook felt his breaths slow down with his heartbeat. He took in the peaceful quiet of the forest, leaves rustling and animals making noises from time to time.

He heard footsteps fairly close by, so he hid to investigate. The sight he met was one of a familiar person wiping something from his mouth. Jungkook's eyes widened as they met eyes and he saw the moon highlight his face.

"Jimin... is that blood?"

WORD COUNT: 1116

Mikchimin ivanathehoe