In the dark

"What do you mean, they left her?", snapped Draco and glared at Severus with blazing eyes

"What do you mean, they left her?", snapped Draco and glared at Severus with blazing eyes. "She managed to break free of the chains and almost escaped, how come the fucking Order just LEFT HER THERE?"

"There were complications", said Severus curtly, his hands folded behind his back as he paced back and forth in Draco's quarters.
"Dimitry managed to hurt Miss Mioha with a spear. The Order members had to retreat, otherwise they would have all been captured."

"A spear?", spat Draco out, fisting his hands in anger. "Dimitry impaled her?"

Severus threw him an admonishing look.
"Yes", he said, his voice turning ice cold as he recalled the past events. "She is very hurt. The Dark Lord was not pleased with this, but sees Miss Mioha's injury as a necessity. Otherwise, she would have managed to flee."

Draco whirled around and slammed a fist onto his desk. Splinters dug themselves into his skin, yet he did not flinch.
"I should have been there", he growled, "I should have-"

"Should have what?", said Severus sharply. "The Dark Lord had tasked you with finding the Birth Place, you could not have declined that order without raising suspicion."

Draco's back remained turned towards his godfather.

"Miss Mioha will live", Severus went on, his voice turning bitter at the memory of the incident. "I am to check her wounds this evening. However, she will be kept weak from now on, to avoid another incident like this."

Draco straightened up and slowly turned around. His grey eyes fixed his godfather.
"And where were you?", he hissed. "Mioha saved your life when the Dark Lord nearly tortured you to death. So where were you to help her?"

Severus looked at him coldly.
"You do not think I have tried to aid Miss Mioha in her escape?", he snapped. "Your owl nearly got caught by Lucius' owls showing Miss Mioha the way out, weren't it for my interference. I shielded her from attacks as much as my abilities allowed me to do so."

He paused.

"But what?", asked Draco with his eyes narrowed.

Severus' jaw tensed and he stopped pacing.
"One of my spells missed. One of the Weasley twins has been struck with the Sectumsembra by my hand. Miss Mioha managed to heal him partially, yet it is doubtful whether he will survive without her aid."

Draco exhaled hard through his nose.
That was bad. If George, or Fred, got hit with the Sectumsembra, then he would need proper looking after if he wanted to make it. Even if Mioha was able to partially close the wound, the curse was still in his body.

"What about Lovegood?", he asked with clenched teeth and looked up. "Did she escape?"

Severus shook his head.
"She and Charles Weasley were captured as well when the Aurors were trying to protect Miss Mioha."