chap. 1

Dearest (y/n),

how have you been? It has been quite a while since you visited Liyue. I believe, the last time i saw you was three years ago when you studied over here. Nevertheless, i wrote this letter because of an urgent request:

A close friend of mine managed to destroy his weapon, which is a polearm of highest class. It would mean a lot to me, if you could take your time and forge a new one. Of course, I will help you gather the required materials if needed.
I hope to see you soon.

Sincerely, Zhongli

(y/n)'s fingers gently traced along the paper, her eyes focused on the words written on it. She sat on her bed, the sunlight softly shining through the windows of her room.

It was in the middle of spring, meaning that the yearly windblume festival was soon to come. It was an occasion where people offered Windblumes to the Anemo Archon Barbatos and those they love and adore, though the Windblumes were rarely gifted with romantic intent.

Someone knocked on the door, causing the young girl to look up from the letter. Just a few seconds later the door burst open, revealing a familiar brown haired girl.

„(y/n) there you are!", Amber grinned energetically, causing the other female to smile as well.

„Wagner said that he won't need your help for the rest of the day. So how about we pay a visit to the Tavern? I'll even pay". While saying that, Amber pulled a few coins out of her pocket.

The gliding champion rarely went to Angels Share, but today was an exception. Because her friend (y/n) was a well known blacksmith, they barely had any time to hang out together.

(y/n) shortly looked at the letter in her hand, before gently putting it on the wooden desk that was next to her bed.

And before she could even agree, Amber happily grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her out of the room, loudly slamming the door behind her.

The two of them entered the Tavern, which was filled with customers who cheerfully drank their drinks while exchanging exciting news.

(y/n) managed to recognize some familiar faces under the crowd, one of them being a small bard with blueish hair.

"Look, Venti is here too!", Amber noticed the male as well and immediately made her way to him, her hand still wrapped around (y/n)'s wrist.

As soon as the duo stood next to the wooden table, the bard averted his gaze away from his drink and started to smile joyfully at the sight of his friends.

He greeted them with a wide grin, offering them to sit down next to him.

"What a coincidence to meet you here", a giggle escaped his lips as his eyes lit up from excitement. Amber gave him a strange look, as his breath slightly smelt like alcohol.

"Hey, (y/n) i'll get us something to drink. None-alcoholic of course. Diluc wouldn't allow you to drink anyway", she let out a sigh at the last part of the sentence, letting her hand rest on her hip. (y/n)'s lips tugged into a small smile before she thanked her, knowing that the brown haired female was right.

Her attention was caught again by the bard who sat next to her. He squinted his eyes, before taking another sip of his full glass. "What a shame. If i had more mora i would even pay you a glass of dandelion wine"

'If you had more mora', the girl thought amused while watching Amber disappear in the crowd of people.

Venti looked at her, his blue eyes wandering over her features. "Either way, you seem a little lost in thoughts. Did anything exciting happen?"

(y/n) shrugged her shoulders, recalling the letter that Zhongli wrote her. „It's nothing. I just received a letter from Liyue today.."

The bard curiously listened to the news, his eyes slightly sparkling as soon as she mentioned Zhonglis name.

"And that's all", she finished her 'report' with a quiet hum.

Venti took another sip of his drink, before he let out a long satisfied sigh. "Haa.. it has been quite a while since i've last seen Morax". He hesitated and looked at his hands.

"Two hundred years maybe? I bet he still speaks like some old man who tells stories to little kids. Either way..", the small bard cleared his throat and smiled.

"You should ask Wagner for permission first. But i think, that you should definitely go"

(y/n) grimaced. "Two hundred years are indeed quite a while. Nonetheless, you are probably right", she paused, noticing Amber coming back with two cups in her hand.

"I will ask him later"

(y/n) left the tavern an hour later, since Wagner was very likely to go to bed early. It was already late in the evening, when she made her way to the blacksmith of Mondstadt.

Even though she was only his apprentice, she had a very good population all over Teyvat. Due to her unique skills, she was able to forge powerful weapons of highest quality with a little bit of help. But that didn't change the fact, that there was still a lot to learn.

On her way, she paused for a moment to look at Flora's flowers. Cecilias, Windwheel Asters, all kinds of them were neatly lined up next to each other.

As her eyes wandered over them, someone placed a hand on her shoulder. A familiar voice started speaking behind her.

"(y/n), why are you still outside at this time?"

A smile appeared on her face as she turned around to meet blue eyes.

"Kaeya. Well, you see.."

Once again she explained the situation with the letter, causing the cavalry captain to drift off for a moment.

A few moments later, he let out a gentle smile before petting her head.

"If you decide to go, I will accompany you to the border of Mondstadt. That's the least i can do, right?", he shot her a closed-eye smile before looking at her hydro vision with squinted eyes.

(y/n) shook her head, feeling the cool metal that was framing her vision under her skin.

"Thank you, Kaeya. Though, I am able to defend myself"

Kaeya let out a laugh, nodding as he spoke up again.

"Now, now, I wasn't mocking you. I just don't want my little sister to get hurt, do I?"

His hair messily framed his face, as he scratched his neck. "Well then, i'll be going to the Tavern. Good luck with asking Wagner for permission"

(y/n) waved and watched him turn away, making his way to Angels Share before she also started to walk towards her destination.

————