The War

Nm1- NoMicOne

Nm2- NoMicTwo

Nm2 despised everything about Nm1.

Their stupid smile. Their stupid face. Their stupid laugh.

It infuriated them to no end, their rivalry was a true hatred. Still, there was something about Nm1 and that was oddly attractive. Nm2 couldn't help but be drawn to them in a way. Magnetic if you really thought about it, a pull to love the thrill of their banter, quick quips said in the heat of the moment. Nm1 was like an addiction in a way, you could drink up their annoying childishness and not get tired of it. That was a lie, you could definitely get tired of them but never would you not come back for more. Like coming down off of a bad high, Nm1 was the sickly sweetness Nm2 sought after.

Nm2, for the most part, kept to themselves, they exuded cool confidence and independence. Truth was, it came from being intimidated by the other channels. Podcast was downright crazy, hard to understand, and always going off about one thing or another. Both generals had their respective vibes, one was just depression on legs and the other was a stoner if Nm2 had ever seen one. By the time Nm2 came along, there was already an established hierarchy in the server, and Nm2 was left to find their respective place in it. All in all, they were a loner, not because they felt weighed down by the other's presence, but more so out of necessity for their own sanity.

In the said established hierarchy, Nm1 was like the mean but popular chat of the server. They were who you thought of when you thought of the No Mics, Nm2 being pushed to the side, an afterthought. Dream; the billionaire- always favored them over Nm2. Whenever he got on the stage all his messages were directed to Nm1, honestly, what's the deal with that. You could say Nm2 was envious of the attention they got from Dream; the billionaire. It sounds so lavish when you say it like that. Dream the billionaire. Nm2 wanted some of that, they craved validation in the form of meaningless messages. Something, anything, to show that they were wanted.

It all started to change when Nm1 started copying little moves that Nm2 took. They followed all of their Twitter trends and changed their appearance to match. First their username, @nomic one was fine, still, as soon as @nomicTWO became a thing, @nomic was long forgotten for the superior @nomicONE. Then there were the names, the lower users of the server would have 'nm2 <3' added to their names to show appreciation of their superiors. And what do you know, not long after 'nm1 <3' and other such endearments began appearing in Nm1's subordinates. God, it was infuriating. Their behavior went beyond clingy, borderline stalker-ish.

Oddly enough, Nm2 liked it, maybe it was some sick and twisted part of their brain that enjoyed Nm1's copying in place of Dream's lack of acknowledgment. Nm2 almost thought it was cute in a way. 'Copying is a form of flattery' Nm2 would think to themselves every time. Sure, They knew they should hate it, like a leech that latches onto you and won't stop sucking until it's drained you or you've cut them off. But Nm2 couldn't bring themselves to truly hate it. They found comfort in the validity of their actions, clearly, Nm2 was doing something right if Nm1 was quick to follow.

Still, the persistent "God I wish that were me..." would appear every time Dream; the billionaire- always gave Nm1 that attention they so desperately wanted. It was unfair really, what did they have that Nm2 didn't, they certainly weren't any cooler, definitely not smarter. So what was it? If Nm1 could detect the jealousy, they would start childishly teasing them in their DMs.

@nomicONE: "I know ur jealous Nm2 lmaooo"

@nomicONE: "You'll never be like us."

@nomicTWO: "wtf?? why would you think i'm jealous??"

@nomicONE: "-Because we're better than you. Duh"

@nomicTWO: "oh, aren't you cute?"

And that was the end of that conversation, Nm2 set their status to invisible out of rage. Why were they so insufferable? It was every day with them doing something absolutely ridiculous in their DMs. Just earlier, it was the barking and hissing when Nm2 was attempting a normal conversation. All they had was a question about one thing, one thing. But Nm1 had to turn it into a bit that had long exhausted its humor by the time the conversation ended.

Though, with time, the dynamic in the server started to change. Nm2 was no longer so jealous of Nm1's relationship with Dream. Rather, they were jealous of the position Dream held, being able to mold Nm1 to his every wish. That power Nm1 thought What would it be like? The thought was all-consuming, what would it be like to have Nm1 in the palm of their hand? What brought #Nm2 to have such feelings for #Nm1? They couldn't say.

What did Dream; the billionaire- see in them? Maybe it was the Discord admin blood in him. Maybe it was the way Nm1 barked and hissed at him. Some sick Sub/Dom relationship that had them bowing to Dream's every beck and call. It made Nm2's blood boil to hear Dream; the billionaire- call Nm1 kitten. If anyone was going to be Dream's kitten it certainly wasn't Nm1. Nm1 didn't deserve it, what had Nm1 ever done to deserve such flattery. Nothing. That's what. Now, Nm1 being Nm2's kitten? That Nm2 liked.

As Nm2's longing for Dream's attention dwindled, the validation from the person with the most power, their disdain for him only grew. It's something about Dream; the billionaire that makes Nm2 despise him. Very much in the same way Nm2 was infuriated by Nm1's antics but harbored a secret fondness for it. It was completely backward from any angle you looked at it. Could it be the fact that they envy the way Dream; the billionaire treats George; the sleepy english man? Better yet was it the fact that they want something more with Nm1 than the endless fighting every second? Maybe it was the fact that they were jealous. They weren't jealous because they weren't Dream; the billionaire's Discord kittens. They were jealous because they weren't the ones to call Nm1 their kittens.

Dream and George had something, while Nm1 and Nm2 were nothing. And it made Nm2 see red. All Nm2 had ever wanted was to fit into the Discord, to have their place and be happy there. But Nm1 had to disrupt that, they had to go and bicker and bicker with Nm2. Nm2 was content in the solidarity of their position, they'd grown accustomed to the loneliness and that came with being the perceived 'inferior' No Mic. At least, they were content but then Nm1 had to snag the attention of Dream (the billionaire). They had to go and make Nm2 yearn for something that was unattainable. How was Nm2 supposed to compete with the man with the most power, the one who had both George AND Nm1, it was downright impossible.

Nm1 was playing hard to get, they had to be, there was no way the back and forth amounted to nothing. Well, Nm2 had no intentions to stop the chase after them. If Nm2 was anything, they were stubborn. No, they weren't going to back down, not when they were just beginning to make progress. Very slowly, albeit, but it was certainly there. Nm1 didn't hiss so much anymore, and there were the occasional strings of conversation at times. Of course, there was still a copious amount of barking, but very little hissing. One could say That's poggers. Pogchamp, if you are so inclined.

It was extremely validating to not be hissed at every second of every day when all you wanted was to hold the attention of Nm1. Nm2 only wanted what George and Dream had. Not Dream of course but their dynamic. Nm2 wanted Nm1, wanted to possess them, hold them, and own them. So sure, while progress was slow, it wasn't completely in their head.

Maybe, just maybe, one day, Nm1 would be theirs