Buttercup {Chapter 15}

"Oh, really?" Senpai said as he placed his finger under his chin. "You should show me one day! I would love to see it." The blonde hair boy said with a cheeky smirk as he moved closer to Y/N. "Yeah... we should that would be great, my Mom makes the best Nanaimo bars. Hey! Um Senpai, quick question." Y/N said as they looked over back at Senpai as they took a sip of their hot cocoa.

Senpai hummed in reply waiting for Y/N to speak as he placed his hands down between his legs. "Senpai- have you, ever tried to reconnect with Pico by any chance?" Y/N asked as they placed down their cup. "No. No, I haven't..." Senpai sighed turning away looking at the window seeing the rain. Senpai eyed outside as the rain dripped against the big living room glass window.

The fireplace in the living room made cracklings sounds, as the rain outside hit the window and roof. Senpai blinked a couple of times before turning his head back at Y/N. "Y/N, why do you care so much about Pico and I being friends again?" Senpai asked crossing his arms. Raising his eyebrow at Y/N, "because a few days ago at school. I talked to Pico about your past with him... and he seems like he misses you."

Senpai grumbled in reply at Y/N's statement, "oh?! Really? That prick never said a word to me personally. Not after what happened. He has always been cold towards me since then, I mean- I can understand why, he has every right to be angry at me. I don't know why am even asking this question. It's stupid..."

Senpai exhaled out as he picked up his cup of tea, Y/N shook their head.

"No, Senpai it's not stupid. It's good seeing you reflect on your behaviour, it- means a lot to me..." Y/N said as they slowly moved their hand on top of Senpai's thigh, placing it ever so carefully. Y/N said trembling with their words. Senpai felt his cheeks turn a soft pink from the touch alone.

The tension between the two was slow. The sounds of the crackling fire, the rainstorm hitting the roof. That blocked out the empty silence in the room, Y/N and Senpai were quiet for a moment. Senpai cut the silence, his voice ached, Senpai felt shaken. "Y/N, can I ask you another question?"

Y/N gave a silent nod. "Why do you care so much about me?" Senpai said as he took a bite of his pie. Facing Y/N for a moment before keeping a straight face.

Y/N felt their face rested in a neutral state unsure to answer his question. "I- um... I don't know... I honestly would think you're a lost cause. But at this rate, I think I care because- that's what friends do I guess... what are we even." Y/N asked Senpai, but it ended more as if they were asking themselves that question. As they turned away from facing Senpai in the eye as they picked up their fork, taking a bite of their pie.

Senpai lightly dusted off his pants fixing his posture. "I guess so huh... but I would love to get closer to you Y/N, not just in words. But- physically." Senpai smirked at his words, wrapping his arm around Y/N catching them by surprise. "Senpai, I-" Senpai quietly shush Y/N.

Giving them a playful poke on the nose. Senpai moved closer to Y/N rubbing his face against their shoulder. "You idiot blondie..." Y/N smirked facing downwards at the boy.

Y/N giggled softly with a hint of reddish tone at their cheeks. "Ah... yes I will never forget that nickname 'blondie' very original Y/N," Senpai smirked. The blonde-haired boy looked upwards at Y/N, who was patting his head softly, Senpai felt the feeling of their fingers running through his thick blonde hair. "And I will never forget that nickname... 'buttercup'."

Y/N said with a chuckle with a cheerful smile. Y/N looked at Senpai who moved away from their shoulder and now laying down on their lap looking upwards seeing Y/N. Feeling calm, "hey don't fall asleep on me now..." Y/N smirked, looking downwards seeing Senpai lying his head on top of their lap, slightly humming to himself.