Chapter 23 ...Bruised By A...

🎼...Bruised By A...🎼

KYLE POV:

I closed my eyes sighed, I had my hand raised up a fist made. I knocked twice on the door and stepped back.

"Come in" A groggy voice spoke from the room.

I stepped in, closing the door behind me. The sent of rubbing alcohol caught my senses and I winced a little bit.

"What do you want Kyle?" Stan asked. His voice was muffled out from him stuffing his face into his white hopitaly pillow.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry...." I rubbed my fingers together feeling fiction and stuffed them into my back pockets. I didn't look at him and shuffled back a little bit from his hospital bed.

"Apology accepted but I know that's not why you came here" Stan propped up his pillow with his free hand and glared at me.

I sighed, closing my eyes again, I leaned back my head and stepped forward a bit, running my hands threw my hair something Stan with often times do. A connection, that's what it made me feel.

"Fine... I came here to tell you about the past" I pulled up a chair to his bed and leaned in. Stan nodded but didn't utter a single word.

"Let me see, we both met in preschool" I grinned leaning my head back.

"That's I long time" Stan confided.

I hugged him and counties the story "In the fourth grade you got depression, every one left you Stan, even me. In 3rd grade we became super best friends. Another thing to add was I have liked you since the fifth grade"

Stan's shoulders hunched forward a bit, it was almost like he was burrowing down into his neck trying to escape the deathly fate of reality.

"Then six months ago, I was over at your house, my parents were gone" I gulped "We watched a zombie movie, I know how mature" Stan smiled and let me move on "The power suddenly went out, you have asthma, as you probably know now" he nodded and rubbed his shoulder with his only hand "I found your asthma inhaler and we told each other we liked each other" tears sprung into my eyes.

Stan looked away, tears brimming his sea blue eyes. I closed my eyes slowing my words the exact words you said to me were: I promis you I will never leave you. I will always love you. We are infinity. I promis you I will never leave you. I will stay by your side forevor"

"Kyle...." Stan awkwardly looked to the side and with his sleeve wiped his eyes trying not to bust his stitches open again.

"I'm sorry... Stan but I don't love you, I love someone else" The words broke past his lips. My heart shattered and and all my hairs stood up.

"W-who?" I asked and tears streamed down my face.

"Kenny"