Chapter 15

I exited the bathroom and Joseph asked me concerned, "Hey, are you okay?" I lied and nodded, "Yes, I am." Joseph hugged me and smiled, "Good." I sadly nodded then said to everyone quietly, "I will be going now. Leave me alone." I walked out of the house and was in the middle of nowhere.

Roger looked at Alex weirdly and checked the nutrition facts on his pudding, "900 calories?! Babe, are you trying to get obesity? Eat Jello or Lunchables or something instead." Alex glared at Roger and Roger put his hands up in surrender, "I'm just looking out for you, dude."

Joseph sat quietly on the couch with everyone else and was stuck thinking about me. Rita nudged him, "Hey, are you okay? I've never seen you look so sad before." Joseph looked dead inside and snapped at her, "Privacy, please." Rita frowned and looked down.

Alex put down his pudding and said depressingly, "Back in 1st grade, I was bullied back when I was a girl. I was bullied really bad. My real name was Rebecca and I was considered the nerd kid at school just because I read a lot. From there, I started developing an eating disorder and gender dysphoria. So, I took hormones. At the age of 18, I successfully got top and bottom surgery. Shortly after that, I came out as gay and I received massive death threats and my very religious parents were yelling at me and considered disowning me because being gay is a "sin". My life hasn't been easy, but luckily, my family are more accepting of who I am."

Joseph rubbed Alex's shoulder comfortingly, "I'm sorry, man. You don't deserve to get treated like crap." Alex smiled at Joseph and he asked him, "What do you want to confess?" Joseph started tearing up then sighed, "I'm bisexual." Alex asked Joseph again, "Okay. Tell us more about the autism thing. What part of the spectrum are you on? How did you and your family react to the news?" Joseph looked at Alex and responded back, "I'm borderline autistic. I was shocked by the diagnosis and my parents were shocked too." Roger held Joseph's hands, "If it makes you feel better, I have OCD and ADHD. Also, the clock looks very crooked, dude." Roger stood up on the couch and adjusted the clock.

Rita smiled at us all, "Group hug?" We smiled back and hugged eachother tightly. Roger noticed the wood on the floor was starting to chip and said to Joseph annoyed, "Okay, man, you need to do something about this house. It's messy." Rita raised her eyebrows at Roger, "His house is clean..." Roger ate Alex's pudding and laughed, "As if."