Chapter 3

Your relationship with Tom was like no other. You've been working for him 15 years and they were your best years of your life, minus the 12 you've wasted on Brett. There was a time when you and Tom were together but then you met Brett and the rest is history so they say.

Tom knew about your marriage, about how unhappy you were and how you both always argued over stupid things and that Brett was non the wiser of your feelings towards him or Tom. Tom also knew that you never told Brett about the kiss you both shared not so long ago and that you never plan on telling him. Of course you joked from time to time about running away and starting a new life with Tom but they were only jokes and would never happen.

The truth was that you were falling for Tom all over again and there was nothing you or anyone else could do about it, you just prayed that Brett wouldn't do anything stupid enough for you to actually sleep with or runaway with Tom.

By lunch time you already had 10 miss calls from Brett apologising for his out burst earlier but you were too annoyed to talk to him still, and when he began to get impatient with you he started calling your work phone, luckily he hadn't rung for the past hour so you though you were in the clear until...

*Ring ring*

You picked up the phone. "Brett leave me alone I don't want to talk to you!" You almost screamed down the phone before slamming it back down.

What you didn't know was that it was actually Tom calling you into his office, but after your mini outburst he called out for you instead.

"What's he done this time?"

The realisation hit your face when you knew that it wasn't Brett who called. Your face glowed as red as a tomato as you walked over to the office and apologised.

"Sir I'm so sorry, do you need anything?"

"Yes as a matter of fact I want you to sit down and explain to me what just happen" He was clearly confused about the whole phone situation.

So you sat down and explain the situation to Tom and how you're not talking to Brett as he accused you of cheating based on how you were dresses. You didn't mention who he accused you cheating with but you gathered Tom knew deep down.

"And where you?" Tom joked.

"No I was going to work!"

You could almost see the gears in Tom's brain turn as you watched him figure out that Brett accused you on cheating on him with Tom.

"He really said that?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I can't blame him I did dress to impress" You confessed.

"Impress who?" You saw the smirk grow across Tom's face.

You just shook your head, "Y/N it was one kiss and we promised nothing else would happen"

"Well I'm moments away from making something happen" You tried your best to joke but you couldn't be any closer to the truth and Tom could tell.

"Things that bad huh?"

"Yep. If I stayed with you instead of him I would of been the happiest girl in the world" You admitted.

Tom laughed awkwardly, "I doubt that's true"

"You know I regret it everyday" Your conversation began to get serious.

Tom reached for your hand and you didn't stop him. "I know" He said.

That's when Susie walked in and interrupted your conversation. You cleared your throat and quickly removed Tom's hands from yours.

"Will that be all Mr Hiddleston?"

"That will be all Miss Y/L/N" You grabbed some paper work and walked out the room leaving him and Susy to talk business, walking away you heard some talk about new job opportunities and some up coming interviews for Tom.

"Just run them all past Y/N and then I'll take a look" Although Tom was your boss he was always looking for your reassurance on new job roles and interviews.

*Some time later*

Still at work and still avoiding conversation with Brett you thought it would be best to stay at work late as possible and go home when Brett's sleeping

You had nothing much left to do though so you went through Tom's diary and made some calls to confirm any out standing appointments he had. Tom noticed how you were over working yourself just because you didn't want to go home so he called you into his office.

You knocked and then peered your head around the door to his office.

"You wanted to see me Tom?"

"Have a drink with me, tonight?" He was straight to the point.

You were a tad bit shocked that he got straight to point but it never stopped you from answering. "Anything to avoid home, count me in!" At least now you had a solid excuse not to go home tonight.

"Who else is going?" You asked.

"Ummm just us?" He asked like it was a question, like he was double checking it was alright if it were just the two of you.

"Then definitely count me in!" You answered a little too enthusiastically.

"Alright just let me get dressed and we can go" Tom walked over to the small wardrobe he had in his office.

"Tom" You spoke as you walked towards him.

"You look..." There was a brief moment of silence as you stared into each others eyes and adjusted Tom's tie. Your lips almost quivered.  How this was the perfect moment to kiss him- but you knew you needed to keep it professional-. Tom's hands slowly went down your body and rested on your hips having a firm grip on you so you couldn't move.

"You look just" You tried to pull away but Tom pulled you closer to him.

'Ahhh fuck' You just couldn't help yourself, he was practically asking for it holding and looking at you like that.

You knew what you were doing and you knew it was wrong but it didn't stop you from doing it and it didn't stop him from doing it either. You kissed him.

"You look just fine" You manged to spit out after you spent the last 5 minutes kissing one another.

"Well your my assistant go and get me a car and meet me outside" He ordered you.

"You can't talk to me like that!" You joked around with each other.

Tom just looked at you, "Alright, alright I'm going" You backed away throwing your hands up in the air defensively.