Chapter 7: I love you

Over the next few days, I mostly spent it working and hanging out with George, every morning and night Wilbur would text me to make sure I wake up and get to bed alright.

It's now Wednesday night, it's 7:30 I'm planning on leaving in twenty minutes. Me and George have just been talking and playing on our phones ever since I got home from work.

I will forever be grateful that Wilbur helped me get this apartment, me and George have been getting really close lately. He's a really nice guy, he likes to tell me all about he's two best friends from America.

Once I was ready I texted Wilbur before getting in my car.

*text convo*

Y/n
I'm on my way, get the popcorn ready

Wilbur
On it.

*end of text convo*

I got in my car and drove to Wilburs house, I've only ever been to his house once but I've never been inside, I've only ever been to his office.

Once I arrived I knocked on the door, Wilbur soon opened in and quickly gave me a hug before speaking "come on love, the popcorn is almost done" I smiled and nodded.

He gave me a quick tour before having me sit on the couch while he got the popcorn, he came back with a bowl of popcorn before sitting down next to me immediately wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I giggled as he spoke.

"Whatcha wanna watch?" I shrugged as I leaned my head on his shoulder and stuffed some popcorn in my mouth. Wilbur just nodded and clicked play on some random horror movie.

After a couple minutes I spoke "she's gonna die" I said while pointing at one of the actors. "We're 5 minutes in, you can't know that yet" I smiled "trust me she's gonna die"

"How do you know she's not the murderer?" I laughed "she doesn't have the balls" Wilbur looked down at me as I looked up at him.

"I-I love you" he spoke.

What

The

Fuck

I smiled before hiding my face in his chest. "I love you to Wilbur" Wilbur tightened his grip around my shoulder holding me close as he spoke.

"I'm willing to wait as long as you need but mark my words, one day this is going to be a nightly thing" I nodded before speaking low "one day" I said under my breath.

We continued watching the movie and eating popcorn for a while. Sure enough the girl I said would die died. The second it happened Wilbur scoffed and spoke "how the fuck did you know that?" I shrugged "I'm awesome like that"

Wilbur just laughed as we continued watching the movie. Once it was over we both stood up and stretched out our legs.

I spoke "it's getting kinda late and I have work tomorrow but this has been so much fun" I said with a smile. We both walked over to the door before Wilbur quickly gave me a hug and spoke. "Drive safe love"

I smiled as I hugged back "bye Wilbur... I love you" he smiled down at me "I love you too" with that I walked out and went home.

I got in, George was sitting on the couch watching tv. I walked over with a giant smile painted on my face as I sat down with a heavy breath. George spoke first "how did it go"

I smiled before leaning my head on George's shoulder. "He told me he loves me" George looked down at me surprised. "Did you say it back?" I nodded "yeah.... and I meant it"

George smiled "why don't you guys just get together already it's clear you both like each other" I smiled "correction, love each other but I don't want to get into a relationship yet it's too soon" George just silently nodded.

After a little while of talking to George I got ready for bed and saw a text from Wilbur.

*text convo*

Wilbur
Goodnight love, sleep well I love you.

Y/n
Goodnight, I love you too

*end of text convo*

I fucking love this.... him.

Over the next few days me and Wilbur texted a lot. Mostly just talking about random stuff, he still texted me every morning and night but this time he added the key phase 'I love you'

It's now Friday and I just made it to band practice. I walked in, Wilbur immediately walked over and hugged me "hey love how are you?" I smiled "I'm great, how are you?"

Wilbur pulled away from the hug "I'm good" we walked over to the other boys. Joe was writing on some sort of paper I looked over and spoke "what are you doing?"

"Working out what gigs we can get, it's fucking difficult" I laughed "well that's because your system sucks, here let me do it. I can make a spread sheet better than you've ever seen"

"Are you sure?" Joe asked. I nodded "yeah just let me handle it, trust me it's fine" joe nodded and handed me the paper he had "you have the password to our business email right?" I nodded "yep, I'm still working on filtering out the spam"

The boys slowly got to work as I sat down and started writing my song. Wilbur was working on the guitar instead of helping me today.

Once practice was over Wilbur came up to me. "How's the song coming along?" I shrugged "I'm kinda stuck right now"

"Aww that sucks, you know what helps me when I'm stuck" I looked up "what" I spoke. "Good food and nature, how's tomorrow at 6?" I laughed "smooth but sure pick me up"

Wilbur smiled before reaching his hand out I grabbed it as we walked to our cars. We put everything away before saying our goodbyes and driving to our homes.

It was already late so I just headed to bed...

This band was the best decision of my life.

1004 words