A Moon Amongst Stars

A Moon Amongst StarsA Wolfstar Fanfiction

A Wolfstar Fanfiction

By Marisah George
Best. Title. Ever.

     I checked the map before I went through the Whomping Willow. There was Sirius, Harry, Ron, Hermione and...Peter Pettigrew. I didn't know how that could be true. Pettigrew was dead. I thought perhaps it was a mistake but my words came back to me, "The map never lies."
    I scurried through the passageway and entered the shack. A flood of memories came over me. All those times James, Sirius, Peter and I spent here. I was temporarily distracted until I heard a voice above me. "HELP! QUICK SIRIUS BLACK IS HERE!" It was Hermione Granger. I fled up the stairs and saw Harry pointing his wand at Sirius. Before thinking I quickly yelled "EXPELLIARMUS!" at Harry. I caught his wand and Harry fell back, looking confused. And I couldn't blame him. I looked down at Sirius and everything failed me. He was battered, unkempt and his eyes were empty, something I had never seen before. At that time the world seemed to have stopped and I felt myself flying back in time to when we were kids.

I nervously got onto the train and tried to find an empty compartment but everywhere else was full. I made my way to the back of the train where there was a compartment with three boys in it. I slowly opened the door and mumbled, "Do you mind if I sit here?" One boy with glasses and messy black hair smiled at me and said, "Sure. I'm James Potter. What's yours." Being a sort of nerd I realized that James said that sentence grammatically incorrect but I knew what he meant anyway. "I-I'm Remus Lupin." One of the other boys had dirty blonde hair and looked a bit heavy (to be blunt.) "Hello!!! I'm Peter Pettigrew!." He said very enthusiastically. I gave him a small smile and sat down next to the other boy. He had long black hair and light grey eyes that were full of mischief. He grinned at me, nodded, and said "I'm Sirius Black." A blushed slightly and smiled at him. I looked up and saw James staring at me, looking puzzled. I got paranoid. "Is there something wrong?" I asked him. James looked at me. "Remus, um, where did you get those scars?" I turned a deep red and traced the scars on my face. "Um...well it was a really bad dog bite." I stuttered. I wasn't exactly lying. James didn't look like he believed me but he let it go.
    Peter seemed to have noticed that the room was a bit tense so he said. "Anyone want a game of exploding snaps? I also got some chocolate frogs to go around." The tense atmosphere melted away and was replaced with laughter and joy.