I'll love you even if I can't (Todoroki x fem!reader)

Genre : angst

Your quirk : water control

Warning : sad, death, blood, mention of abuse (cursing)

________________________________________

Cold. Pain. And blood. She was cold. She was in pain. And blood kept coming out. While she didn't want to die, especially not like this, she was relieved to know it would be over soon. That her pain would go away. It just saddened her to know that she would have to leave her lover alone. How did a supposed to be, normal patrol would end up like this?

*flashback*(y/n's POV)

"Shoto! Y/n! Its time to go on patrol so hurry up!" What an annoying voice really... lucky for me, Shoto and I ended up in the same agency for hero training. The problem is that it was with him. Endeavour. But if it could help us get better heroes, I mean, he is the number two hero, guess we'll have to work with him. Oh shit I don't have my hero costume.... welp I'll be late haha! Too bad. It'll take me two minutes to put it on anyways. "Sho?" "Yes y/n?" "Can you tell him that I'll be here in two minutes? I just gotta put on my hero costume!" "Ok. But hurry up though. I don't want you to be in trouble..." "ahhh don't worry about it!" Well now that I told Shoto, I'm gonna go put it on.

Ok! Done! Now let's go see the devil and my wonderful angel of a boyfriend! Ooooh he looks angry..... hehe this is gonna be fun! "Wassup Endeavour! Sorry I'm late! Had to put on my hero costume!" "Next time you're late I'm going to make you do 100 push-ups" "sure whatever. Shouldn't we get going?" He looks so ridiculous when he's making that face whenever I talk back haha! Well, let's get going! Hope we don't run into villains so me and Shoto can grab ice cream later!

10 minutes later (you're walking in the street)

Gosh, Endeavour needs to stop looking at me! I know I'm pretty and all but it's annoying... well at least I'm not alone with him since Shoto is here. Honestly, I have no idea how he could have lived with him for that long... "HELP! PLEASE HELP!" well guess it's our time to save people! Too bad for the ice cream I guess! Better should run for this one cause, that screamed.... didn't sound very reassuring.... they seem to be in lots of trouble. But I should better ask Sho before running off "Shoto do you know which way did the scream came from?" "What scream y/n...? There wasn't any scream." "Don't go imagining things y/n! We need to focus on the patrol." Well..... hum.... that's odd... "I'm just going to go check! I think it came from that alley! I'll be back shortly just wait for me here! I'll scream if there's anything." And I ran. Even with the shouts of Endeavor, I couldn't stop... not when someone is in danger!

"Someone please help me...." that voice again.... why does it sound so familiar? It now turned into sobs and crying... no ones yelling... maybe I should go back . No I need to check it out! Someone could die because I was too late! At least now I know it comes from the alley since i can clearly hear that crying from there. But, why isn't there anyone in it then? "H-hello? Is there someone here? Are you okay?" And the voice started again. "Help me! NO STOP IT HURTS PLEASE AAAAAAH" I couldn't find them but the screams are coming from here! W-wait.... no no no.... that's why the voice sounded so similar.... why am I hearing my child self crying and asking for help? I don't see me or my dad anywhere...

"N-no dad stop please-" the voice was getting closer from behind me! I turned around to only see a man speaking with my child voice? How does he know what happened a-and why does he do it? His quirk could either be voice imitation or being able to know people bads memory... either way he's a villain that's for sure.. else why would he have a knife with him while walking closer and closer to me?

I tried to scream for Shoto but he put his hands over my mouth and had grabbed me from behind. I tried to bite him but I didn't manage to open my mouth. "Now now. Be a nice little girl okay? Don't worry, it'll all be over soon... I promise" ah hell nah! I just kicked him on the leg with as many force as I could manage. At least he let me go but he looked really angry. "I'm good thanks! Not planning on dying today!"

He just kept speaking my childhood trauma while I was fighting him. Even if I kept shooting water at him and kicking him he wouldn't stop. I just wanted for it to stop. The voices of my dad insulting me... The sound of me crying and screaming out of pain.... The noises each kick my dad gave me.... The pain I was feeling right now in my head, heart and body.... I just wanted everything to stop...

And that's what I got.... without even me noticing he stabbed me.... just has Shoto came running for Endeavour. Probably took more time then I said I would.

*end of flashback*

Shoto couldn't head anything but a ring in his ears. Why was his girlfriend on the ground stabbed? And why wasn't he able to move? "S-Shoto" and thats all it took for the boy to move towards her. "Y-y/n you'll be okay i promise! You'll be fine you have to be fine! Just, d-don't close your eyes please!" He didn't know if he told her the first part for her or for him. "Y/n what happened? Who was the person you heard screaming? Are they safe?" "H-haha... you really d-don't care about me dying do you E-Endeavour? I was tricked... he used my child voice h-having abuse so I would come and apparently o-only I could hear it... funny how life turns out isn't it?" She didn't even had tears in her eyes. She knew that she couldn't cry for Shoto. She didn't want his last memory of her being her crying. "S-Sho, please know that I love you.... don't let him take over you... remember that your left side is yours. Not h-his... and don't cry o-over me..." "NO DONT SAY THAT LIKE YOU'RE DYING! YOU CANT DIE Y/N! YOU'RE THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT IN MY LIFE THATS KEEPING ME SANE AND HAPPY! YOU PROMISED TO ME YOU WOULD ALWAYS BRING ME HAPPINESS SO DONT TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME BY LEAVING ME! P-please" it was his turn to sob now.

S-Shoto, we both know I'm not c-coming back.... I'm coughing blood, I've been s-stabbed too close to m-my heart and I've loosen to much b-blood.... I love you okay?" "I-I love you too so p-please don't go y/n..., p-please...." he kissed her on the lips for a few seconds before she pulled away and put her hand on his cheek.

"Remember Shoto, that I'll love you even if I can't" and with that, all light in her eyes, who was before there, left like her hand left his face. He screamed. Screamed as he burried his face into her one before beating chest. All his dad did was watch in silent. He silently put his large hand on Shoto's shoulder but all the boy did was slap his hand away and scream towards his dad "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! WE COULD HAVE GO TO HER IF IT WASNT FOR YOU TELLING ME OF HOW BAD SHE WAS AND HOW I SHOULD DUMP HER! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? THAT S-SHE'S DEAD?! THAT I HAVE NOW LOST THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERED THE MOST TO ME? ARE YOU HAPPY OF TAKING AWAY FROM ME THE ONLY ONES THAT WOULD LOVE AND TAKE CARE OF ME? ARE YOU HAPPY I WAS TOO LATE TO SAVE HER?" "Shoto, I'm sorry she's dead. But that's how it is. She didn't even catched the villain and let him run off. I'll call the police to search for him and take her body away. Now we have to go." "YOU'RE REALLY HEARTLESS ARENT YOU?! HOW CAN YOU BE LIKE THIS! YOU CAN LEAVE I DONT CARE BUT IM NOT LEAVING HER LIFELESS BODY LIKE THAT! I FUCKING HATE YOU! JUST LEAVE OUT OF MY SIGHT I DONT WANT TO SEE ANYONE RIGHT NOW ESPECIALLY NOT YOU!"

He continued to cry in her chest during the time the police would come and take her away from him.

When he got back at UA, the class had heard what happened. Everyone was silent. You were the y/n who would always be there for anyone. The y/n who made everyone laugh. The y/n who lighted up the room whenever she walked in. The y/n who would help everyone study and trained if they needed to. The y/n that could keep Bakugo from throwing a tantrum every minute. The y/n who would make sure Deku would be less reckless. The y/n who loved Shoto with all her heart. The y/n who was now gone. Suddenly, Bakugo couldn't speak or scream like always. Suddenly, Mineta wasn't trying to get his hands on the girls in class. Suddenly, every thing felt dark. It wasn't until Shoto started to break down during mr. Aizawa's class that the silent was broke. No one had ever seen Todoroki cry. So to see him break down made everyone cry too.

At her funeral, he made to promise to never love again because, if they're was a risk for that to happen again, he wasn't up for it. He had finally opened himself up to someone. Trusted someone enough for them to visit his mother with him. Enough for him to tell them that he loved them. And now they were gone. She was gone. Its not like he could find anyone like her or better. It was impossible according to him.

And here we are. Still after seven years had passed since she died, he still wasn't over her and her death. He had hold to that promise. He would visit her grave every Sunday with flowers and would spend the majority of the day talking to her. He would write letters when it would be Valentine's Day or her birthday just like she liked and would put them in a plastic bag so they wouldn't get wet and leave them with her. He still was in love with her and that wouldn't change.

Because he knew that, she loved love him even if she couldn't...