Soon Enough [Dan Howell]

You were a YouTuber. No, you didn't have over 34 million subscribers like PewdiePie or over 20 million like Smosh. But you had a few thousand, and you were proud of yourself for that. You remembered fangirling the day you saw that one of your favourite YouTubers, if not your favourite, Danisnotonfire, subscribed to your channel. You were over the moon, but thought it best to play it cool by sending him a Thanks for subscribing. Means a lot, I'm a huge fan DM on Twitter in less creepy, more casual terms. He gave you a short you're welcome reply, and that was the last you had heard from him unless you watched his videos.

        What you didn't know, though, was that Dan wasn't as cool and collected behind his screen as his videos gave off. In fact, he was more distraught than usual. Why? Because he had an obsession — with you. It had all started out innocently enough as he perused the YouTubes, your channel popping up. Out of curiosity he clicked on the link, watched your most recent video and subscribed. Should have ended there, right? Not a chance in hell. Before he knew it, he had watched all of your videos start to finish, at least, eleven times. He had memorized every word, every action, every fluctuation in your voice. This wasn't the usual periodic binge watching people normally went through, or the usual obsession they went through when they found someone new they really liked going 'Why am I just now finding out about you?'. This was getting to a whole new level, and everybody knew it.

        Phil was concerned about Dan, being his best friend and living with him for a few years, he knew how he got. But there was just something — off — about Dan that just didn't sit right with Phil. Even as he tried to shake the feeling, telling himself over and over that Dan was fine, he knew he was lying. When Phil finally got up the nerve to ask Dan, the brunette blew him off, scoffing as he about spit out his coffee in shock of what his friend had said.        

        "Nothing's wrong, Phil, I'm not being weird," Dan stated, rolling his eyes as he mopped up the coffee dripping down his chin with a napkin.

        "Are you sure you're okay?" asked Phil, eyeing his companion warily. Dan sighed roughly, setting down his coffee beside him.

        "Yes, I'm fine. If anything, I've been watching a lot of this new YouTuber that I found. I've been thinking of getting in touch with them, see if they want to do a collab or something." Dan pulled up his laptop, reluctantly showing Phil one of your videos. The whole time Dan kept thinking about Phil falling for you too, which would be highly unacceptable. So far as Dan was concerned you were his. He seethed going through the comments and seeing hate, and he couldn't even defend you because he had his own reputation to up hold. Plus, he was advocating #NicerInternet, so he couldn't exactly be an ass.

        Phil chuckled along to your video, agreeing here and there with things you said. Dan felt his eye twitch every time Phil did, but he kept it to himself. When Phil agreed at the end that you seemed a lot of fun and that it'd be fun to do a collab, Dan immediately set out to make it happen. He would get you to London soon as he could. But soon couldn't be soon enough.

~

A/N: Found this on my computer as well and (sort of) finished it, I wasn't sure how to go about it so I just gave it an obscure ending, lol. Still kind of hate myself for writing this, I feel creepy x..x