𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Early the next morning, Minho was busy filling up his wagon.

It had gotten pretty late last night after Jisung agreed to go. It was decided that the doll would sleep downstairs, in his bed, while Minho slept upstairs. In his little studio room with his cat stuck to his side. Minho had been wary of leaving Jisung unattended, but the doll had assured him that he'd done it plenty of times. He was used to it.

Minho had decidedly not woken him yet since he had much to do before they could set out for the day.

"Is it already time?" Minho looked up from where he'd been filing his ceramic plates, finding a frumpy Jisung by his wagon wheel.

"How'd you get down?"

"The chair." He'd forgotten to put it back after their chat last night. "It's so early." Jisung complained, still trying to rub the sleep from his eyes.

"I wasn't planning to wake you yet. I apologize, if I was being too loud."

"Oh no, that wasn't it." he yawned. "I just couldn't sleep. When I heard you moving stuff around, I came to check." Minho felt bad anyway. he was supposed to be giving Jisung a welcomed stay.

"Were you cold? I could have turned the heat on."

"No, no. I just can't sleep sometimes." he explained. "Part of the reason that house is so well made is because of the agonizing hours I spent hunched over it instead of in bed."

Minho felt there was something more Jisung wanted to say, but the doll had stayed quiet, watching as Minho put the last of his mugs inside.

"All done." He grabbed his house keys. When he saw Jisung just standing there, he realized their dilemma. "How should we do this? I'm not sure you could catch up just walking beside me."

"I can ride in the wagon." he offered, already pulling himself in. He sat down in one of the mugs Minho had secured. "See, easy."

Jisung seemed rather carefree for someone who'd gotten stuck at 20 centimeters. He carried himself well enough, reminding Minho how long Jisung must have been living like this. Just another doll in the eyes of children.

So, they set off. Jisung in the wagon, Minho pulling it. He could hear the doll humming an old tune, nostalgia hitting the louder he got. It reminded him of the songs his mother used to sing and he smiled as he made his way into town.

The sun was still rising when they arrived, already so many vendors setting up shop. He went to his reserved table, waving to some of the people he knew. Jeongin and his flowers. Felix and his baked goods. Hyunjin and his beaded jewelry.

He stopped right by the table, checking behind his shoulder to see if Jisung was still there.

He wasn't.

"Jisung." he whispered, eyes scanning the other items in his wagon in case he'd missed him.

"Under here." he called, raising the flimsy cover he had set over some of the art pieces. "Didn't want anyone to spot me." Minho nodded, jostling Jisung a bit as he started unloading the wagon.

"What will you do once it's empty?"

Jisung seemed to realized that his hiding spot would be compromised.

"I can't very well hide here." He glanced up at Minho, then to his coat. "I can hide in your pocket?" he suggested, the pink of his checks blooming brighter.

Minho had no qualms with that.

He set out a few more things before picking Jisung up, startled by how light he was. Seemingly so human, and yet light as a feather. Minho brought him to his breast pocket, Jisung scrambling inside in a flurry to not be seen. Minho had to laugh at that, especially when Jisung was upright again, hair falling into his eyes.

"What's so funny?" Jeongin asked beside him. Jisung ducked back down.

"Oh, uh, nothing. Just remembered a funny joke." Minho played off. Jeongin raised a brow, but otherwise let it go and Minho exhaled loudly. So much for engaging in conversation.

Jisung stayed tucked up in his pocket until lunch time, the bustle dying out. Felix had asked if he wanted to join him and the others for their lunch break, but Minho thought it better to stay behind. Jisung was due for some fresh air.

He made sure they'd all gone before nudging his pocket. Jisung popped right out.

"I was starting to get claustrophobic."

"Did you want to go somewhere else then? I'm sure we could-" Jisung cut him off with a laugh.

"I'm joking! I'm fine. It's nice being in your pocket." The last of his sentence was spoken softly. Minho could coo.

"Are you hungry? I brought some grapes."

They ate from Minho's lunch box, Jisung mostly picking at it since nothing was his size. Minho made a note to change that for the next time they come out. If there was a next time...

It was early evening when everyone began to break away. Felix waved goodbye before the fifth hour. Jeongin wasn't far behind. After Hyunjin finished with his customer, he too was packing up, wishing Minho a good evening.

Minho followed suit, putting back the few items that hadn't sold for next time. He asked Jisung if he preferred the wagon, but he stayed put, choosing Minho's pocket instead.

The walk back was much less lively. Jisung was snoozing away on the trek home, Minho left to wonder if this would mess with his already bad sleeping schedule. He hadn't known Jisung for that long, but he grew worried for him and his sleeping habits.

The bell chimed, waking Jisung as Minho hauled the wagon through. Minho helped Jisung onto the counter then went to work putting back his leftover stock.

It wasn't yet late, but it would be and they hadn't eaten anything since lunch.

"Did you want to eat something?" he asked Jisung. The doll nodded eagerly.

Minho wasn't exactly a five star chef, but he made do with what he had. And today, he had pasta.

"This is really good." Jisung praised, mouth so full since the pasta was just a tad to large for him. Minho smiled, bringing his own forkful to his mouth.

"Sorry we didn't have much time to brainstorm." Minho hadn't expected to stay in town so late.

"It's okay. You were right, it was nice to get out." Minho couldn't even begin to imagine what life must be like for Jisung. His normal must be so different from his. "There's always tomorrow."

That night, Minho watched Jisung climb into bed. He seemed comfortable enough, but a part of him already knew it was just for show. Jisung would most likely lie awake like he'd done last night.

"Good night."

"Good night."