Introduction

About a year after the apocalypse, at a remote factory in an unknown location...

Inventors were working on a new invention, all they needed to do was to insert a chip to activate it, but before they could...

“Sir! You need to come see this!” The inventor of the invention called out to the boss, who wanted to make something no one else has ever done before. He walks over and notices something odd. The invention opened it's blue, glowing eyes. A small, adorable robot.

“You got it working!? Awesome! In your face Pal Labs!” The boss celebrated, throwing his hands into the air and celebrating his success.

“But sir, I didn't put a chip in it.” Informed the inventor. Then his celebration stopped at the realization, not knowing if it would be a good sign or a bad sign. Nobody would like to bring forth another uprising, after all. The robot started looking around, trying to find out what it was designed to do, or even what it would be used for. It saw a sign that said it was supposed to be a 'shapeshifting robot'. It looked at the boss, then the worker, before looking back at the boss. It perfectly transformed into the boss, a perfect replica!

“Outstanding!” The boss congratulated. Then the robot went back to it's original form.

“Are you sure you want to...?” The inventor asked the boss.

“...Yeah. This will make me millions! Start making more!” The boss exclaimed in joy. He turned towards the small robot and walked up to it. “You are going to be used to replace people's lost ones. Isn't that exciting!”

“Used? Replace?” The robot tried to piece together what it was hearing.

“Yeah, but you'll get used to it.” The boss insisted. This was not what the robot wanted.

“No. NO! I won't let you do that!” The robot started becoming angry, feeling human emotions, even more intense than what it was programed to do. The boss and inventor was shocked at what they have potentially started. They were hoping that what they wanted to accomplish wouldn't be that bad, but they knew...it was too late...

“YOU WILL NOT TREAT ME THAT WAY!” The robot yelled, and surrounded itself with a blinding light, destroying the lab and everyone in it. It was floating above the rubble, looking at the destruction.

“You humans will NEVER treat me that way! Do, and IT'LL BE YOUR DOWNFALL!” It warned before disappearing.

_________________________________________

Halloween break was approaching for Katie's college, and she was excited to let Jade finally meet her family in person.

“You are going to LOVE them Jade! I promise you!” Exclaimed Katie to Jade, as she was jumping for joy, unable to contain her excitement, as they stood outside waiting for the Mitchells to get there.

“I know I will! Oh, hey! Did you hear about the mysterious lab incident?” Asked Jade.

“No...why?” Katie asked, pulling out her cellphone and searching it up. She found a result, and asked Jade if that was the one she was talking about, and Jade informed her it was the right one. She started reading the article, some parts out loud.

“Mysterious explosion? Unknown cause? No survivors?” Katie thought it seemed suspicious. She found images that showed the destroyed lab and reviewed them. She got a very uneasy feeling, and Jade quickly took notice.

“Katie? What is it?” She asked, putting her hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

“This...it...it doesn't make any sense! The destruction...it all looks like... someone tried to build something...but what, and why?” Katie seemed confused, but determined to figure out what it all meant, as she struggled to piece everything together. It couldn't be another uprising...could it?

“It's okay Katie, breathe. Take it easy.” Jade continued to comfort her. Katie turned around and hugged her, Jade returning the hug as well. Just then Katie's family finally arrived.

“Aaron! Mom! Dad! I missed you all so much!” She exclaimed, hugging them as soon as they all stepped out of the car. She noticed Monchi too. “How's Dog Cop doing lately?” She said as she started hugging and petting him. After a few moments, they all got back in the car and started to head home.

“So how's it going with Abbey lately?” Katie asked Aaron, curiously.

“Well uh...” Aaron struggled to speak, fidgeting with his seatbelt.

“They get along very well!” Linda started explaining. “They both have the same interests, it's like they are destined to be together!”

“Mom...” Aaron groaned. Katie put her hand on Aaron's shoulder.

“It's okay buddy.” She said as she smiled at him, Aaron faking one as well. He turned towards the window and grabbed Monchi, holding him in his lap.

When Katie saw no one was looking, she wanted to ask Jade a question. She looked at her and tried to speak, but words weren't coming out. Jade was a little confused about what Katie was trying to do, but seeing her nervous made her realize what she really wanted. She looked at Katie's parents, Aaron, and then her. Surprising her with a kiss on the lips. Katie's eyes opened wide, but she quickly embraced it too, returning it.

Linda took notice, but didn't make a sound as to not distract or embarrass them. She pulled out her phone and quietly snapped a picture. Aaron started to notice the reflection in the window.

“Ew...gross guys!” He complained. Katie and Jade quickly breaking it. Linda quickly pretended like she didn't see anything. Katie and Jade just sat there quietly, and so did everyone else, giving out an awkward silence...