❝ thirteen ❞

"okay, everyone. get settled into your respective rooms."

thankfully, dream offered up the community house for the l'manbergians to stay in. as they wander around, with sapnap trying to lead them to the house, dream comes up to camille and nudges her.

"hey."

camille, about to follow the l'manbergians, stops. "hey." she smiles shyly.

"you uh... don't have to stay with the others. you can stay with me. if you want."

"really?" her heart hammers. they'd just gotten together... now he was basically asking her to move in?

he shrugs. "i mean, of course. i don't know how long you're here for and i want to spend as much time as i can with you before things go back to normal."

camille snorts. "it's not like you're going to die anytime soon. even if things did go back to 'normal', we can still see each other!"

"so is that a no?" dream pouts.

camille hesitates, then sighs. "oh what the hell. sure! are you still in the same place?"

"no, i actually have a proper home now. c'mon!"

***

after camille 'moved in' into dream's home, she decides to go with someone to check out the vines. dream was not happy.

"camille, you can't be serious. it's dangerous!"

"it's fine, dream! i can take care of myself, and i'll have people with me."

"just let me go." dream protests.

"no! you can stay here and hold down the fort. i'll be alright, i swear."

"fine." dream finally caves, "but i'm picking the people to go with you." he thinks for a moment, then smiles. "purpled! sapnap! over here."

camille finally relaxes and rolls her shoulders after their long argument.

"i need you two to accompany camille to the camarvan. you guys can check out the vines, and maybe check on george and tubbo at the prison."

"alright, sure." they agree.

"well, be seeing you, dream!" camille turns to leave immediately, but dream grabs her hand and spins her into his chest.

with two fingers under her chin, he angles her face towards his. "if something happens to you, i'm never going to forgive myself, i swear to god. i love you, so be careful." dream kisses camille passionately, causing her legs to go weak.

she wraps her arms around his waist so she wouldn't fall. fuck. this guy. he changed everything. before, she could just go off to look at the vines herself, and she wouldn't have to worry about not coming back.

but now, not only does she have a whole nation of citizens that awaits her return, but she also has a caring boyfriend.

sapnap clears his throat. dream pulls away, leaving camille dazed.