Part 1

Marinettes P.O.V

It was a normal, warm wednesday morning, the first day back at school for the term, when I rolled over to shut my alarm for school off. Tikki was sitting in front of my face waiting for me to come through.

"Good morning Marinette!" Tikki said as I yawned.

"Good morning Tikki!" I replied, giving her a hug against my face.

"Marinette, hurry up! You'll be late for school!" Sabine yelled from down stairs.

"I'm awake mum!" I yell back. "Ugh, I bet you anything Nathaniel will be there, I still can't believe he cheated on me with Chloe on the last day of school last term."

"It'll be fine Marinette, he didn't deserve you anyway" Tikki replied comforting me.

"You're right Tikki. I just have to remain focused on getting through the year and saving Paris."

"Exactly!"

I get changed into my usual pink jeans, white shirt and black cardigan and grab my bag. Tikki flies into my bag and I head down to say bye to mum and papa.

"Have a great day sweetie" both parents said.

"I will!" I reply, giving them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I leave the bakery and head for the school. I hear the bell ring, so I jump to a jog to make it on time. As soon as I get to the door of the classroom, I see Nathaniel. Hoping he didn't see me, I backed away slowly and retreated to a quiet corner. Fuck. Why did he have to come back, I thought he was leaving?

Lost in thought, I didn't hear Adrien come up behind me.

"Hey Marinette, what are you doing?" Adrien asks.

"Huh?! O-Oh H-Hi A-A-Adr-ien. U-Hhh nothing! It's nothing" I stutter.

"Are you lying?" Adrien asks as he lets out a small giggle.

"What?! No! I-I mean, yes. I-I mean, it's silly"

"Come on, what's wrong?"

"Nathaniel cheated on me with Chloe on the last day of school last term. I thought I was over him but I guess the pain of him cheating is still there. And I don't know where to sit, my usual spot was always next to him but I don't want to anymore. I don't know what to do" I say as tears come to my eyes.

"Hey, hey its okay. He's a jerk and doesn't deserve you. I'll tell you what, you can sit next to me now during class. Since Nino and Alya are dating, they can sit together leaving a seat free next to me. It's all yours princess." says Adrien as he brings me into a tight embrace.

"Thank you" I whisper.

"Come on, lets get to class"

I nod and follow him to the front row where he sits, while avoiding eye contact with anyone in the class, except Alya, to whom I give a small smile. She winks and give me the look. The look in which says I need to spill later.

The period seemed to fly by, Adrien and I occasionally sharing notes, ideas and small smiles. My heart always did a little flutter when he looked at me. I guess I still love this idiot. I wonder if he feels the same?

--Time skip to the end of the day--

Standing at my locker, I had already packed away everything I didn't need but I stood there, lost in thought again for the hundreth time today, thinking about him.

"Hey Marinette"

Surprised, I jump backwards to find Adrien standing there with a huge grin on his face.

"Hey Ad-Adrien"

"Hey, so I was wondering..." he said while rubbing the back of his neck. "Would you want to come over tonight for a movie?"

"M-Me?! YES!! I-I mean, I'd love to Adrien"

"Awesome Marinette! I'll pick you up at your place at 7. See you then princess" Adrien waves as he turns around and leaves, and I can tell, theres a slight skip in his step. I silently giggle.

"Se-See you then" I stutter back, true to my form. "OMG TIKKI!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT?!?!"

"Yes Marinette!! Way to go girl!" she replied.

--Time skip to 6:45pm that evening--

"Ahh Tikki, he'll be here soon!" I say as I finish brushing my hair out after showering. I had decided to wear a casual but sexy short red dress, with minimal makeup and my hair down. I felt hot and hopefully Adrien would notice,  but considering he's blonde, I'm probably getting my hopes up. Sigh, I really do love him, I hope hes finally noticing me, I mean why else would he invite me, only me, to a movie night at his place? Maybe, just maybe, he has real feelings for me, more than "just a friend", fuck I'm getting sick of that line coming from his mouth. Hopefully things are changing.

"Are you ready yet Marinette?" asks Tikki as she breaks into my thoughts.

"Yes" I slip on my shoes, grab my bag and head down to the living room where I decide to wait for Adrien. Five minutes later I hear the door bell ring. AAHHH HE'S HERE!!!!! I walk to the door and open it to find Adrien standing with a bouquet of red roses.

"Wow, you look amazing Marinette and look, these roses match your outfit, how fitting" Adrien says as he passes me the flowers.

"Thank you" I reply, well aware I was blushing like an idiot but I wasn't the only one. It was very obvious that he was too.

"You're welcome, lets go" He offers me his arm to take, and I do just that. We walked down the stairs to his car, where his bodyguard was waiting for them, obviously impatient. Adrien opens the door, offering me to slide in first, I graciously accept. He joins me in the car, sitting in the seat next to me, silently but I can see the slight glances towards me. The silence is a little awkward so I decide to break it.

"It was so great of your father to let me come over, I'm so happy" I say.

"Well, since he knows you, from like the fashion shows, the derby hat and the like, he was fine with you coming over. You're one of the few people he actually seems to like around me. I'm so very glad he let you come over, I can not wait to spend the evening with you, watching a movie and hanging out. You're amazing Marinette" He replies and I blush so hard it's impossible to hide.

He takes my hand and plants a small kiss on it. I giggle and smile like a fool in love. Ugh I'm so in love with this idiot. Will he hurry up and notice that.

They arrive at the Agreste mansion and head inside. Natalie is standing at the door to welcome me into the house.

"Nice to see you again Marinette, as you know, there are some rules around here. One, are you planning to stay over?" Natalie asks.

I look over to Adrien who nods.

"Yes, if that is alright" I reply.

"Yes, but no funny business, lights off at 10pm" Natalie says, then walks off leaving the two in the foyer of the mansion.

"Come on up, my rooms just up the stairs" Adrien says holding his hand out for me to grasp. I take it and follow him up to his room.

"Wow, your room! It's so cool, and so big" I say, overwhelmed but excited.

"Its not the only thing thats big in here" Adrien thinks to himself.
I wonder if a movie is the only thing I'm going to see tonight...