Chapter - 01

English is not my native language, so I'm really sorry if there are some / big mistakes ! —You can point them out, but do it nicely please :)

And please don't be put off by this, I'm sure it's not that bad... lol

Yuri looked up at the big building in front of him, his body trembling slightly as a gush of wind came rushing past him, a sigh escaping past his lips at the same time. His eyes scanned the grey colors of the boring building as he started to walk again, making his way over. It was almost the end of the year, but his grandma didn't want him to sit around. So here he was. His cat ears underneath his beanie twitched as they picked up loud noises from inside, the nervousness intensifying as he pushed open the big front doors.

His eyes curiously flickering around, taking in the many students walking around and talking to their friends. Everyone knew one another already, making the small Yuri question if he will ever fit in somewhere. His thoughts were interrupted as someone bumped into him, excusing themselves as they walked along, not noticing how the smaller boy had flinched.

Yuri didn't liked to be touched. It had something to do with his past as he was assaulted when he was younger. It was something he liked to forget about, but it sometimes came rushing back as someone touched him without consent. He tried shrugging it off as he made his way down the hall, sometimes jumping left and right to counter the bumping.

He stopped walking when he came to stand in front of a big round desk, a small lady behind it ticking away on a computer. He softly cleared his throat to gain her attention, feeling his cheeks warm up as two eyes looked up at him lazily. "I'm n-new here." He stuttered out, feeling himself swallow the lump that had formed there in his throat.

The woman blinked before nodding. "Your name, hun?"

"O-oh, um. Yuri. Yuri Assentel." He softly mumbled, watching as the woman started to type something on the computer. It took her a few seconds before looking back up at him, the printer in the back making loud noises as the thing tried to print something out.

Yuri pursed his lips as the awkward silence made him uncomfortable, his fingers playing with the ends of his sleeves out of habit. The printer was finally done after a few seconds, the little beep it made informing the lady that it was ready. The woman rolled over with her chair and grabbed a few papers before rolling back, placing the freshly printed papers on the desk in front of him.

"Here is your schedule, a map of the building and your locker information. If you have any more questions, then feel free to ask any time. Alright?"

Yuri nodded quickly, surprised by her warm tone, though her eyes looked like they were done with everyone. He picked up the papers and started his search for his locker, his bag full of books making his back ache uncomfortably. He found it after a quick search and dumped most of his books inside, keeping the ones he needed for the first few lessons.

Just then the bell rang, his face morphing into a slight pained frown as the loud noise hurt his sensitive cat ears. He followed the stream of people while he tried to find out where his classroom was, the map a little confusing.

After getting lost and being late because the second bell already had rung a few minutes ago, he forced himself to ask for help. He saw a group of people standing nearby. His heartbeat quickened as he walked closer.

"Um." He mumbled, their voices calming down as they looked up at him. "Can someone help me? I-I am new and don't know where to go."

A girl smiled down at him, stepping forward to hold out her hand. "Give me your schedule, that stupid map they give the newbies is absolutely useless."