Chapter 3 - Aether the Honorable Mention

Kaeya Alberich was a man who was quite mysterious. The people of Mondstadt thought of the calvary captain as attractive and flirtatious, but he was just as cunning and dubious. The process of which he used to get means done didn't matter and, as problematic as that was, it got his job finished.

This man was naturally suspicious of others to a high degree.

"Albedo, it's rare to see you in Mondstadt these days. Who's the new face here?"

He had spotted his co-worker at one of the tables at Good Hunter, scribbling away in that sketchbook of his, and a blonde stranger that sat across from him.

"Oh, it's you, Kaeya," Albedo muses. "This is an acquaintance of mine, whether she gives her name to you is her decision though."

"Well then," Kaeya takes her hand in his, kissing the back. "May I have the honor of knowing your name, Miss?"

"Hmm."

Adalia takes her time observing the blue haired man, not moving her hand away. He's pretty handsome, she had to admit, but his odd charm and suave attitude did nothing to gain her trust.

"I wonder, Sir Kaeya," Her voice calm. "How many women have you seduced like this?"

Albedo, who was listening in on the conversation as he drew, choked.

He quickly held his fist to his mouth. "Excuse me, just a cough."

"Ten? Perhaps even thirty..."

"Why, are you calling me an unfaithful flirt? How mean, Miss, I would never do such a thing."

She sighs exasperatedly, then an unusual smirk forms, one that didn't fit with the harmless air she had earlier. Her eyes were only half opened, invoking a sense of lust from her, and she hooks a finger through the metal resting at his neck, pulling him close enough that she could whisper into his ear.

"This...is how to seduce, Sir Kaeya."

The whisper of his name, along with the hand that traveled down his chest oh so slowly, froze him to his spot.

"Do not think I will give away my secrets so easily."

And she pushed him away, returning to the meal in front of her.

"Albedo, can you buy another skewer?"

"Of course."

Adalia takes a glance at Kaeya, glaring a little.

"Well? You should be taking leave. I do not remember Albedo telling me he would invite you to lunch."

_________________________________

"Adalia, where is it exactly that you are from?"

Albedo already has his suspicions, she's proabably another of the otherworlders who've been misplaced in Teyvat, but she was too different from the other traveler to be as peaceful, cooperative, as he was.

"You probably have your own guess by now."

He doesn't respond.

"I am not from here, or your world to be exact. Everything, from the landscape too even the flowers, were different. Even the people here are different."

"Well, I expected this, there was another one who came here recently and helped with Mondstadt's issues. He was...do you perhaps have a sibling?"

"No," She shook her head. "The Magi, or the others like me, do not have siblings."

She remembers the smiling faces of her friends, how they forced themselves into her space and dragged her around like a doll, scoffing at the memory. That was as close to family as she was getting.

"Have you considered returning to your world?"

"I would rather not. There is a war being fought and I do not want to be involved, especially since it puts my survival on the line."

Adalia enjoys talking to Albedo. His voice carried a calming effect over her and his words only had genuine curiosity in them. He didn't have many other intentions than to find out more about her.

"I would at least introduce yourself to the Acting Grandmaster, to make your presence known and receive support in whatever you choose to do afterwards. Unfortunately, it won't get Kaeya off your trail, he's annoying that way."

"I could tell, but I shall take that suggestion. Do you know where the Grandmaster is?"

"She's most likely in the Headquarters of the Knights of Favonius...in her office too, I presume."

A playful grin stretches across her face.

"Do you mind being my guide once again?"

He returns the gesture with a small smile of his own.

"Not at all."