Chapter 3

The school bell rings, and students started walking out of their classes to the cafeteria. Laura walked up to an empty seat with her tray of lunch and sat down.

    She smiled at the nerd opposite her before facing her food. Just then, someone hit the back of her head.

    "Hey!" She was ready to lash out at the offender only  to turned to see Ivan and his smug. "What's that for?" She asked rubbing the throbbing part of her head.

     "Vengeance" he whispered close to her ears. Laura could only glare at him as he sat next to her. "Here!" He tossed something to her.

    "Awwn... You fixed it. You're so sweet, Ivan". She started brown nosing him and ivan could only smile helplessly as he gazed at her. The toy looked brand new. She flicked the switch and it lit up.

     "I know. I'm too great. You should treat me" he said placing his hands over her shoulder. Laura looked at his hand on her shoulder then at him.

    "How? What do you want?"

    "How about you make me something. Casserole, fried rice, braised steak...." He kept listing until she nudged him. He frowned.

    "You're so demanding. I'd like you to remember that I only have a pair of hands" she joked causing Ivan to chuckle. "I'll make you something but not today" she stuffed her mouth with sandwich.

    "Why not?" He asked taking Laura's half eaten sandwich.

    Laura gulped down the juice before saying, "Minty is leaving today. I'm sending her off" Ivan nodded in understanding before standing up. "Where are you going? She frowned looking up at him.

    "I'm having lunch with the guys today, then we have practice later"

    "Oh. Bye then" she wave at him and he left. She looked down at her plate and found it empty. "My sandwich?!" She called after him but he just wiggled it in the air and left. Laura shook her head before returning to her meal.

     On the other side, someone's face turned dark at their interaction.

      Laura opened her locker to the take out her books but it was shut back forcefully, startling her. She turned around to see the intruder with a hand on her beating chest only to see Jenny glaring at her.

    "You slutty bitch!" Jenny growled, pushing laura to the ground.

    Laura gritted her teeth. "I'm sick and tired of your tactics, Jennifer" she stood up and pushed Jennifer as well. But she only stumbled as Laura didn't use as much force as she did.

    After regaining her composure, Jennifer lunged at laura and pulled her hair. "Ahh! Let go of me.... Let go you witch!" Laura yelped in pain. When Jenny did not relent, laura pulled her hair as well.

    By now students already surrounded them, watching the scene in amazement.

    "Someone should stop them"

     "Why must we stop an interesting show?" Sara's voice could be heard amidst the crowd murmurs. She had a satisfied look on her face

    "Why are they fighting anyway?"

    "It's still a mystery. I wonder what that girl did to anger our belle. I mean I have never seen her so angry before" the students started recording it.

    The two were still struggling, causing each other immense pain.

    "Enough!" A middle aged man, with white streak on his black hair, yelled in rage.