Chapter 24

The Daredevil could hear the voices in the distances. The alarmed shouts. The man had already realised there was an intruder. They were on full alert.

He ran to the side, hoping to sneak somehow into the warehouse avoiding conflict, if possible. A blind man with heightened senses against ten (maybe fifteen) men with firearms didn't sound like a battle he would win. He wanted to save Karen and all the women before he was ready to sacrifice himself.

He heard the shallow breaths. Two, maybe three men.

He perked his ears and nose up. Their heartbeats, the wind rustling the tree leaves on the left, their footsteps as they patrolled looking for threats.

The sound of their breaths was moving away. They had turned around.

Realising his chance, The Daredevil jumped over the crates and slid behind the men, kicking their legs out from underneath. He swivelled to knock their firearms out of their hands when a sharp blow landed on the side of his head.

He had mistaken. There were four men!

The Daredevil grabbed his head and tried to fight back. But he knew it was over. The men still had firearms. They were going to kill.

With just his senses to guide him, The Daredevil was still fighting, trying hard to somehow gain the upper-hand...

When he heard the gun firing...

He expected bullets to riddle his body...

He expected to die...

Mentally, he steeled himself. The gun kept firing!

But the bullets never penetrated him. Instead, he heard the men screaming in pain. He blinked. The gunfire had stopped.

There was a moment when he tried to regain his bearings. Then he heard a voice behind him.

"Trying to kill yourself, Red?"

The Daredevil blinked.

Frank Castle?!