NINETEEN

3rd Person POV

"Angel? Angel? Do you copy?" Steve asks over comms. "Angel, if you can here me, get on the helicarrier. Angel!" No response from the young girl comes. "Does anyone have eyes on Angel? Last I saw, she was on the southeast side. She had created some sort of a slide for evacuation. Does anyone see her?" He continues fighting robots.

"The helicarrier is on the southwest side. There is no slide or anything on the southeast side," Agent Hill reports.

"Are you sure? It was silver," Steve tries again.

"That's a negative, Captain."

"Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story," Rhodey says over comms while flying in and shooting robots.

"Rhodes, I need you to go to the southeast side. Angel is not responding," Steve asks him in between attacks.

"Copy that. Who exactly am I looking for?" He asks, flying over.

"A young girl, brown hair, silver powers..."

"I got nothing, Cap." Rhodey flies closer to the ground and looks around. "All I see is a bunch of rumble." He starts scanning the rumble, looking for survivors. "There are very few bodies over here. Who ever covered evac here did good."

"That would be Angel," Steve responds.

"Hold up. I got someone." He flies close to the edge and sees a girl. "Does she have a lot of silver in her hair?"

"A small streak, yeah."

"Well I found a girl with brown hair and a couple streaks of silver. I'm taking her to the helicarrier now." Rhodey carefully picks up Angel and brings her to the carrier. Agent Hill meets him and takes the young girl from his arms.

~~~

Hours after the Avengers save Sokovia and the world, the Avengers all sit in a hospital room. On the bed is Angel.

"When will she wake up?" Steve asks the doctor. He glances at the others.

"I am not sure. She passed out due to overexertion. Generally, people just sleep it off, maybe we use an IV. But with her case, we don't know how her powers will affect her." Steve nods.

"Do you know why she has another streak of silver in her hair?"

"I think I can answer that," Wanda says softly. "When I first met Angel, she didn't have any streaks in her hair. That day we were training, Hydra wanted to see how powerful the two of us were so they had us sending all the energy we had at a wall of vibranium. We went for 10, 15 minutes before Angel seemed to lose control. Her energy was so great, she destroyed the lab and the wall of vibranium. I had to force her to sleep in order to get her to stop."

"Hold up, vibranium?" Tony asks startled. "That shouldn't be possible. It's virtually indestructible."

"Please continue, Wanda. This seems important to know," Nat tells the woman. Wanda nods.

"The next time I saw her, she had a small streak of silver. Pietro," Wanda lets out a small sob. Clint walks over and rubs her back, trying to comfort her. "Pietro asked why? We were worried she was not treated well. She was a child after all, she knew nothing except Hydra. They kept a collar on her for control they said. It was cruel. Anyways, they answered that it happened because she overexerted herself and lost control. If I had let her continue, she could have died from her power. I'm assuming this is why she has more silver. She used too much of her power."

"Wow," Clint says in shock. "So she's like really powerful!"

"She did evacuate around 6 thousand people," Nat says.

"And now she isn't waking up," Steve says angrily. "This is my fault. I shouldn't have let her come."

"She wanted to come," Nat says softly. "And she really did help. So many more people would be dead without her."

"I'm having her transferred to New York soon. I need to go check on the paper work." Tony heads out.

"We are going to go for a walk," Clint says, leading Wanda out of the room.

"She really does remind me of Megin," Thor says quietly. "They both are good at heart." Nat looks at the floor as Thor leaves the room.

"Megin was not your fault, Nat," Steve says standing up from his seat next to Angel and walking over to the red-haired woman.

"Neither is Angel." The two adults stand in silence.

Angel's POV

I open my eyes in an unfamiliar room. I glance around and see I am in a hospital room.

"You're awake," a voice says. I turn and see Steve standing in the doorway.

"It seems I am."

"You did good, Angel. You saved a lot of people. You should be proud." In my mind, I see the bodies of those I failed to save. A single tear falls down my cheek.

"I didn't save them all," I say quietly. Steve looks at me sadly.

"We never can."