chapter nine-teen

unedited

hand in hand, hyunjin and jeongin made their way after seungmin. once they reached around the corner of the courtyard that had a gate veiw of the parking-lot, there walked seungmin heading towards his car.

they walked out the gate and soon caught up to the boy that was in the midst of getting in the front seat.

"wait! seungmin...please, just wait."

the boy turned around to see hyunjin and jeongin standing there with worry in their eyes.

"really guys, i'll be fine. just give me some space for now." seungmin began shutting the door but it was stopped by hyunjins hand.

"we want to help, whatever it is. you can tell us anything." this really was a side of hyunjin that seungmin was not quite used to. he wanted to tell them, but no. it wasn't even an option. he was terrified of what minho might do to him if he tells a soul what he knows.

"thank you, really. but you can start off helping by giving me space." again the boy attempted to shut the door but this time was stopped by jeongin.

"seungmin please, we've never seen you like this before. you're clearly not ok if you were shaking and struggling to breathe." jeongin grabbed seungmins hands holding the softly in hopes it may convince him.

"why are you guys being so persistent?" seungmin slid his hand out of jeongins hold.

"because, if it jeongin was in your position i would do anything in my power to make sure he's okay and make sure he feels safe, no matter what. when something is clearly wrong, he becomes my priority in that moment. nothing else matter except making sure he's okay." hyunjin said not breaking the softening eye contact with the boy.

"but he's your boyfriend. of course you would do that for him. i'm just your friend, so why help me?"

"because seungmin, i care for you as much as i do jeongin." hyunjin looked at jeongin who simply nodded, agreeing this was the right thing to do.

"and same here. i care for you as much as i care for hyunjin. i would put my life on the line for you seungmin. so please...tell us you're okay, and safe."

seungmin was taken back. do they mean what he thinks they meant? did they just confess? he averted his eyes from the two boys down to his own hands. he didn't really know what to say. too much was going on at the moment, he couldn't clearly think. no matter how much his mind wished to think of something else, all he could picture in his head was minhos dark eyes. he couldn't stop imagining what kind of secrets hidden within them.

"i-i'm sorry, but i really need to go. i promise, i'll tell you one day." hyunjin and jeongin stood there utterly worried as they watched seungmin drive off the school premises. both boys subconsciously thinking the same things.

-

the rest of the school day went well for minho and jisung. well, jisung was a bit worried for seungmin but other than that he was feeling better than he had in a while. he felt he was in a comfortable place with minho.

as jisung walked into his last class he frowned at the realization he'd be all alone since chan was still absent. he only wondered where the boy had been. 

out of curiosity jisung decided to leave a text, just to make sure he was okay.

jisung: hey channie, are you alright? u never miss school so i was jw.

after the message sent he spent the rest of gym on the bleachers not participating as usual.

-