Chapter 2

You woke up violently coughing and you fought to catch your breath.
"(Y/N)! Are you okay baby?!" Chris sat up and straightened your back so you could catch a breath.
"Chris" you rasped "water..... Cough syrup"
"Right." He leaped out of bed to fetch the items. You heard bottles and the odd toothpaste box hit the bathroom floor as he searched the cabinets. He returned just as you had recovered from your coughing fit with the small plastic cup with an orange liquid in it. You quickly downed it, grimacing at the taste of artificial oranges, and handed him back the cup.
"Thanks," you say before coughing a few more times.
"Don't mention it." Chris smiles and gives you a hug, kissing your forehead.
"Were you taking my temperature or showing affection?" You ask staring into his crystal blue eyes.
"Mmm... Both. I wanted to make sure you're okay and I think you're adorable with your hair looking like a birds nest."
"Oh, well at least you think it's cute." You attempted to straighten out your hair.
"I think all of you is cute. Now, go back to bed while I clean up the mess in the bathroom." He stood and you continued to hold his hand.
"Can't you do it in the morning?"
"I'll be done in a few minutes and if I don't do it now then there's no morning snuggles. So what will it be?"
"Go ahead...." You huffed laying back down. Your chest felt like a ton of bricks was laying on it and you kept coughing every few minutes, Chris poking his head out of the bathroom whenever you made a noise.
"Stop worrying about me and come to bed!" You shouted rolling over on your side which seemed to help you coughing fit.
"It's my job to worry about you." Chris stated sliding under the sheets in the vacant spot next to you.
"Well you're doing a very good job dear." You kissed his forehead and snuggled in closer to his chest.
"Thank you" he whispered into your hair. Chris' breath barely disturbing it but yet it sent shivers down your spine from the intimacy.
"Goodnight Prince Charming."
"Goodnight m'lady."