<~The Awakening~>

<Marco's P.O.V>

I knew I had to talk to pops about Teach since he would want to know who attacked Thatch and Angst. I had a feeling that Thatch was with Angst in the infirmary so I went over to the infirmary first. I was right about Thatch being there, I get that he feels that it's his fault but it really isn't.

"Hey Thatch, how you feeling?"

"Fine, I still feel bad though. I just watched in shock while that shadow thing and Angst fought."

I sighed.

"I get it, but it wasn't your fault. you did what you were able to do and brought her to the infirmary."

"Yea, but your probably here to lecture me on this aren't you?"

"No, I think I found out who attacked you and Angst."

Thatch sprang from his seat and looked at me.

Really!? Well lets go to pops and tell him!"

Surprisingly he was was excited to find out who attacked him, probably to kick his or her ass for him and Angst. I smiled at how pumped he was to find out. He said goodbye to Angst and we went over to pops. We looked at the deck first and well he was sitting in his normal spot watching everyone do their thing. He looked over at us and waved us over to him. When we got over to where he was sitting he put us on both shoulders. Thatch on his left and I was on his right.

"So, I have a feeling you found out who it was?"

"How did you know that's what we were coming to you for?"Thatch asked.

"I found out who as well." Pops answered.

"Teach?" Is what I said.

Pops nodded. So we all knew about Teach being the one that attacked that night. All of us were still waiting for Angst, it was passed the time where she normally wakes up so other people started to worry. Izo walked up to us with Vista and Jozu.

"Hey pops, wheres Angst?" Vista questioned.

"She's normally up at this time did something happen?" Izo questioned.

Jozu didn't say anything. The three of us looked at each other then looked back at them. We knew that we couldn't keep it a secret for long since we knew that the nurses were gonna go into the infirmary soon after working with pops.

"Angst, uhm is uh-" I cut Thatch off

"Angst is in the infirmary, her and Thatch got attacked yesterday over the devil fruit." I answered filling them in so I wouldn't have to explain it later. They just looked at us not knowing what to say. They looked to pops if he knew who attacked them.

"Teach attacked Thatch and Angst took the fight and was slashed in the back, so now shes in the infirmary." Pops answered. Jozu and Vista just starred while Izo i'll guess went to the infirmary to see Angst.

<Izo's P.O.V>

"Angst is in the infirmary, her and Thatch got attacked yesterday over the devil fruit." I walked away before they could even look at Vista, Jozu, and I. Fucking Teach, over a devil fruit he could've just asked Thatch and he probably would've given the fruit to him. I walked into the infirmary and saw Angst in the bed with her resting face. I pulled up a chair and sat next to Angst. She didn't have a shirt on but she had bandages going around her stomach and head. She probably hit her head falling. I couldn't stop thinking about the fight. I swore I heard clashing yesterday night but brushed it off. If I hadn't brushed it off and got up I could've stopped it, i'm sure of it.

I sat there with my head on the bed holding her hand. I consider Angst a sister to me seeing her hurt hurts me and it's probably the same for Marco. I fell asleep after a while and I just remember hearing wrestling of the sheets and I woke up. Angst woke up, she squeezed my hand to make sure I woke up. Which of course I did feeling my hand being squeezed made me jump up. I looked at Angst and she just looked at me and smiled.

"Hey." She said with her signature smile. I couldn't help but feel the sides of my lips being pulled back as I smiled back.

"How you feeling, do you want me to get pops and Marco?"

"Nah, it's okay I found out who attacked Thatch and I and i'm sure the others found out as well. How long was I out?"

"Probably a day. I mean I didn't see the cut but I heard it was deep."

"Eh probably was. The only thing I remember is falling, getting picked up by Thatch, and getting yelled at while heading over to the infirmary."

"Yea you should tell the others you woke up everyone's been worried, mostly Thatch but yea."

"true, could you help me out of bed?"

"Sure." I helped Angst out of bed and she stumbled a bit which made us both fall. I caught myself but because of Angst's bandages she fell all the way.

"Oh shit Angst you ok?" She laughed.

"Pfft yea the bandages made me fall." I helped her again. If you had no idea what was going on you would probably think different of what actually is going on since I had my hands on her waist and she had her arms on my neck. I took her arm over my shoulder and we went out to the deck. We made it on the deck and it went silent. The other commanders or crew mates had no idea about the attack yesterday. I walked Angst over to pops and the others. I was able to tell that Angst was uncomfortable with all the staring, she wasn't able to tell if it was the bandages or her not having a shirt on or both. I was uncomfortable because of the eyes just staring at us. We walked over to pops. Angst was about to fall again so I just picked her up to make sure she doesn't fall.

"Oh, thanks." Angst said looking at me. I just smiled. I could tell Marco wasn't up for that nor was pops for some reason. Thatch jumped down from pops shoulder and went right to Angst.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry its my fault I-" He was cut off.

"Please Thatch i'm fine. Don't even dare say it's your fault. Did you at least eat the fruit?"

"No, it's in my room still."

"Go eat it before he comes back again." Thatch nodded.

Marco was the second to get up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to help."

"Eh, it's fine it was my fault I wasn't paying attention. But that isn't what I want to talk about, I'm sure you figured out who attacked yesterday?"

"Yes, Marco figured it out a while before you woke up." Pops answered.

"Mm so were all thinking its Teach right? Just so that were all on the same page." They nodded.

"Lets talk about this somewhere more private with the other commanders so that Izo doesn't have to keep holding me." Angst said deadpanning. Everyone agreed and gathered the other commanders and went into the meeting room. I put Angst down into her spot gently and sat in my seat next to her. We filled in the other commanders that didn't know what happened and started discussing things.

"Are we going to call Ace back from his mission?" Marco asked pops.

"No, if we told him that Teach attacked he would go after him saying things like "He is in my division he is my responsibility." and things like that."

"I get that but what if Teach and Ace meet up at some point then what will happen?" We looked at pops after Vista asked the question and pops sighed.

"I guess we must hope for the best."

We spoke about other things but it wasn't very important to me so I never payed attention. I just hope that Ace doesn't do something stupid and fight Teach.