CHAPTER ONE

Comment, vote so I'd know what you think.

And also follow that's what drives me to write more.

Love you!

It was a luminous afternoon, all my relatives were outside just at the balcony of my uncle's luxurious home, grandma was arranging the funeral teacups, "he died quite early" I said underneath my breath but who cares anyway I barely even knew him and he's not my dad!!! but still to myself, all my relatives were at the balcony trying to dry their glittering eyes but I, on the other hand, was touring this magnificent mansion, I'm the adventurous type what do you expect? I saw something to munch on everywhere I went and ate to my heart content, mom told me they had allocated $500,000 for the ceremony cause it's nothing more than a family gathering but I'm sure it's way more than that, "how come I never knew him???" I asked myself, all my relatives were crying so I tried crying but I just couldn't, I didn't want to be the odd one so I decided to do something, and I finally found something to do I was consoling my cousin "Olivia" she was his only child, she had everything she wanted but just one thing 'her father', it was heartbreaking I felt my cheeks 'wet' then I noticed that I had started to cry I was very happy, I left the tears there so everyone could see it.Olivia's mom was not known in the family because she was just a random girl that had josh's child, At first, josh denied ever even knowing her but who says the truth than a DNA test he was given his child and got fond of her, so I don't think she wants her mom either, I walked up to Olivia and caressed her hair she looked up and hugged me, I mean we didn't know each other but maybe her dad told her about me just the way my dad did, I hugged her tightly placing my hand at the back of her head,I loved her perfume, it was nice and for a while, I thought that was the same way her father smelt, finally we untangled, "am Olivia" she said, "like I don't know" I said inside my head"Rotana", I said in response, "thank you for coming", she said wiping her face like it was a sin to cry, speechless "yeah" I voiced out, "BBB....but I don't mind" I said, what did I just say, was I even thinking?i asked myself hitting my head mentally,olivia chuckled a bit but then remembering what she was here for,she broke down and started to cry again,i simply rolled my eyes disgusted at her behaviour,then knelt down to continue my never ending consolation,it didn't take too long before i heard my name "ROTANA!!"my mom called more like a whisper,forgetting i was on consolation duty i left and then my mom dragged me to the sides of the building giggling and jumping on the tip of her toes, "explain mother!"i asked somewhat annoyed,i didn't want anyone to see my misbehaving mother,giggling on a day of a burial,it's gonna be concluded that we're they ones who had josh killed, "you're dad and i are going over for the main funeral to bury the body", "so.....?"i said rolling my eye,more disgusted at my mom's behaviour, "this...."she said holding out a black shiny dress,my jaw dropped this dress was the real definition of beautiful,my mom smiled once more using the tips of her fingers to lift my jaw so my mouth could shut, "so after the funeral you guys are going for some sorta date?"i asked extremely disgusted, "you........."i looked up frustrated "how the hell do you think"i asked,she raised her head up,looking insulted, "think of it"i cooed,she narrowed her eyes,and i could guess she was thinking hard,i didn't want to know, i just walked out,and straight back to where i had seen olivia,but she wasn't there i looked around,and finally saw her in my dad's car with some bags which i assumed to be hers, "will she be staying with us?"i asked mentally, "yes" my mom replied, i jumped a bit then looked by my side and saw my mom, "answer me the way normal people do?"i said pounding her shoulders,but she said nothing about it instead she kept a straight face,maybe she was still annoyed at what i said to her earlier, "let's go"she said and we walked towards my dad's car.