Four gentelman in the Submarine

William Thatcher sat on the bridge of his submarine in his folding chair and thought about everything and nothing at the same time. His mind was occupied by an incredibly pleasant emptiness, and his hand - by a sweet and cold drink, despite the fact that the weather outside was far from a resort. However, the sun was still shining, which means that it was still possible to sit under it and warm itself with its cold rays.

A beautiful view opened up in front of him: on three sides it was surrounded by an endless ocean and only in front, where he and the submarine were facing, was a gentle island, densely covered with tropical greenery.Below, in the submarine itself, which swayed carelessly on the waves of the calm ocean, his three best friends were swarming: Friedrich von Meinstein was looking at maps on the command bridge, Vasily Igolkin was lying in his bunk in the crew quarters and reading a thick book, and Petar Petrovich went there - here on a submarine and tried to see something in its illuminators, which were present in each of its compartments.

Finally, unable to find what Petar was looking for, he climbed the stairs and went out to William:- William, I heard that right in this island there is some kind of hole that leads to another world! Let's swim closer to the island and see where she is, huh? - Petar asked.

- Petar, do you really think that someone wants to get busy and start the motors, swim up to the island, inspect it and look for some kind of hole to swim through it and get into another world? We live well here too. Why swim somewhere? - William replied lazily. - And besides, do you really believe that you can just swim in some place and end up in another world? This is even more naive than believing in fairy tales! -

- Oh please, oh please, oh please! - Petar begged.

- Ehhhhhhh! Okay, if you talk to the other two, then I won't mind. - answered William. William himself was wondering what kind of strange legend about a passage under water that leads to another world was, even if his mind understood that it was almost a hundred percent fiction.

Meanwhile, Petar, elated with the joy that he already had the consent of one of his friends, went down the stairs and began to persuade Frederick, who among all of them was the calmest, coldest, and therefore persuade him to search for something akin to the hunting of a unicorn was a very difficult task:

- Frederick! Let's swim closer to the island, I heard that there is some kind of passage to another world in the depths! - said Petar.

- No. - Frederick cut off, not even taking his eyes off the map, while Petar almost got into Frederick's mouth.

Petar was even a little frightened by the harshness of Friedrich's refusal, but he did not stop persuading:

- Come on, why don't you agree? You are already sitting here, doing nothing, and so, there will be something interesting. - said Petar.

- Do I have to go over the whole list of reasons why I said no? - Frederick asked.

- No, you shouldn't, otherwise you won't finish speaking until evening. Let's go this way: we will sail there, and if there is nothing there, then I will leave you alone and will never bother with any stupidity again, agree? - suggested Petar.

Knowing that what Petar is talking about is just a nautical legend, Frederick did not hesitate to agree and get rid of Peter's senseless annoyances, at least for a while.

Finally, it remains to persuade the last one - the Vasily:

- Vasily, let's swi... -

- I heard your conversation with Friedrich - interrupted Peter Vasily - and William agreed? - asked Vasily.

- Yes, he agreed. - answered Petar.

- Then I have no objection, just let me finish the chapter. - answered Vasily and continued reading.

Elated with success, he ran to William to report that he had convinced the others:

- William, I persuaded the others, let's start the engines! - cried Petar.

- Really? And even Frederick? - William raised his sunglasses in surprise and gazed into Peter's eyes.

- Yes, really! Come on, I don't want to waste a second! - Petar exclaimed.

- Well, since I promised, then I have to keep my promise. - William answered lazily - just let me finish, okay? You can bring the submarine into condition yourself, start the engines and so on ...-- Got it! - answered Petar and disappeared into the submarine, after which the noise of various systems arose in it.