The Arrival, part 2.

The two ships managed to get into the portal just as it was closing, and traversed time and space itself to get to their destination in mere seconds. Everything was going as it should, a smooth travel. They didn't expect to be hit by something just as they were to get out. The ships were shocked and trashed around, all the systems went haywire, and plenty just went offline or rebooted.

"Visuals and instruments are off, we are flying blind!" the mechanic of the Axiom yelled, "I knew this was a terrible idea, we are all gonna die!"

"Not while I have the helm! Get me something, anything working and I'll keep us alive!"

The first bot was incredulous, but still sank under the panels and started to rewire cables and change fuses as fast as he could.

"We have visuals!" the Captain said as the screens came to life.

They were right next to a gigantic planetoid that seemed to be composed only of gray dust and craters. Had they acted slower, they might have crashed into it without even noticing it.

"Where is the Chromia 10 and the Darksyde?" Optimus questioned.

Without any of their surveillance systems online, they could only use their own eyes to look for them through the vastness of space through their screens. The first thing they saw was the other celestial body nearby, a planet that was more ocean than land.

"There!" their helmsperson said, pointing to two tiny points in the distance.

The screen zoomed on them; both ships seemed to not have regained control of their navigation systems, yet were engaged in battle.

"They are going to be captured by that planet's gravity!" the second in command said.

"Nyx, get us as close as we can. I need an open channel with them, stats!"

The mechanic winced, but once again went down to attempt to fix the burned terminals and connections. A few seconds later, he came out of it, with his thumb up.

"I don't know how long it will last, but it is working. Only audio though."

"Open a channel!"

To their surprise, before they could say anything, a voice came first.

"Mayday, mayday, this is the Chromia, we have several casualties, everyone else is down. We have hull breaches, and the shields and guiding systems are failing!" he said, before the communication was cut off.

"That was... err, the rookie!" Nyx said.

"What did he mean by casualties?" The mechanic chimed nervously.

"We don't have time to worry about that, we need to get to them before they crash into the planet!" Optimus ordered.

"And do what? We can't lasso and tow them away!"

The Captain pondered for a moment, trying to find a solution.

"Release the stasis pods into a stable orbit; we'll catch the Chromia into our hangar bay."

"This is ridiculous! We are an exploration ship, not a battlestar!"

"Hey, if there is someone who can pull it off, it is me!" Nyx said, as she activated the emergency release of the pods, and moved the Axiom even closer towards the planet.

They managed to get to them just as the ships were starting to get heated due to the atmospheric entry. Falling backwards towards the planet with the hangar's door open, the Axiom caught the Cromia just in time. However, the difficulty of the maneuver made them take a few seconds more than Nyx hoped. The Darksyde, which was also being pulled towards the planet, took advantage of that delay, and shot a single blast of plasma that went through the Axiom as if it was paper mache. The impact disabled their engine completely, and they were captured by the planet's gravity without being able to offer any resistance.