Prologue

"How's the specimen coming along, doctor?" The young scientist jumped upon hearing a familiar voice. Turning to face the source of the voice, his eyes met with a pair of black sunglasses.

"O-oh! Mr. Wesker! Ah, they're doing well, but we haven seen any signs of hatching yet...or any signs of life at all."

"Have you estimated when it'll hatch in our schedule?"

"I have...but...since the egg has not shown any signs hatching. I'm afraid the specimen will not survive."

"...I see. If the specimen is too weak or does not survive their hatching process. Dispose of it immediately. Am i clear?

"But sir-"

"Am. I. Clear?"

"...Yes sir."

Wesker stared at the young scientist for a moment, before leaving the lab in a quick hurry. The scientist sighed after the man left the room out of earshot. Placing his gloved hands on his head, he rubbed his forehead in frustration. Clicking his pen, he stares at his notepad then turns his attention to the egg. The egg was the size of a football, despite its size, it's very heavy for an egg. The scientist starts writing down on the notepad, adding small notes about the egg's appearance and weight. "Come on little guy. I know you can survive this. I believe in you.", he muttered as he gives a quick glance at the egg. Before he finished writing down his notes, a small crack was heard.

crack!

"H-huh? Is it...?"

C-Crack!

"Oh...OH SHIT!"

The young man started frantically searched his radio, to attempt to contact Wesker to tell him the news. He found what he was searching for and pressed the button, speaking through it. "Mr. Wesker! I have urgent news! The egg is hatching. I repeat, the egg is hatching! You must see this, this instant!"

"Doc! You're using the wrong station-", The scientist ignored the last bit and left the radio at his desk, as other voices replied to his announcement. He know he was using the incorrect station, he simply wanted his coworkers to see his creation and welcome it to the world. Grabbing the egg, he quickly and steadily moved into the middle of the room, and placed it in a "nest" he made specifically for the egg. It has some soft (fav. color) blankets with grass covering it. "It ain't much, but i hope this will be comfortable for you.", he said as he heard the doors opening. Looking up, he see that it was Wesker who entered the room, followed by most of their coworkers.

"Glad you all can make it! Quick, over here!", he yelled and led them to the the middle of the room. He could hear his coworkers whispering and muttering as their eyes are glued to the hatching egg. The young man crouches in front of the egg, as the creature inside it attempts to break the shell of of them. "Come on, kid. You can do it.", the man almost whispered. More cracking was heard till a claw shot out of the egg. The claw began breaking off the shell as it lets out a few squeaks of discomfort, trying to push their way out of the egg.

"Come on buddy, push!", he said as he softly peeled off the shell with his gloved fingers. He can hear his coworker's audible 'woahs' and 'ahhs'. After for what felt like forever, the creature was finally free from the the egg, it lets out a small screech as the man softly grabbed their body and wrapped them in a blanket.

Observing the offspring's features, the creature has grey skin that almost resembles dinosaur skin. Their eyes were a dull blue color, but he knew that they'll changes when the offspring grows older. He noticed the somewhat sharp claws, and their hind legs attached to their feet, resembling sharp talons. He could hear his coworkers yell 'aws' and 'they're so cute' comments. The man smiled before facing Wesker, who just stared at the creature, and could've sworn he saw a slight smile on his face. "So they survive.", Wesker said. "Indeed! Aren't they fascinating!? Oh think about how beautiful they'll look when they get older-"

"They're a fighter. I'll give them that.", Wesker chuckled. "But do remember, they're your responsibility." , Wesker said as he left the room, most likely to notify the boss of the new addition to the facility.

"Is it a boy?"
"Is it a girl!?"
"What's its name?"
"Why does it look weird?"
"What food does it eat?"
"It won't kill us, right?"
"OH GOD ITS GONNA EAT US!"

"Guys! Guys! One at a time. They're gender is not our concern, and no, I believe they won't kill us...or eat us. As for food, not sure on that, but I'll figure that out soon. As for their name...I don't know."

"We gotta pick a name! Let's try unisex names!", one of the coworkers, who is an security guard said.

"Aiden!"
"No."

"Atlas!"
"No."

"Blake."
"...meh."

"Charlie!"
"Isn't that a boy's  name?"
"No it's not!"

"Echo."
"Good but not good enough."

"Dakota?"
"...no."

"Forest!"
"Like Forest Gump? Thanks but no thanks."

"Uh...Night!"
"..."

"Nova?"
"Eh."

"Biscuits!"
"Why biscuits?"
"Why not? I like it!"

"Onyx?"
"Sounds cool, but no."

"[Name]?"

squeak!

The group look down at the scientist arms and see the offspring staring at them with intent. "Did it just...understood what you said?"

squeak!

The scientist held the bundle of joy in front of him, smiling as the small creature freed one of their arms and outstretched it to reach for his face. "My little [Name]...", he whispers while still smiling. Letting out a squeak as the scientist softly stroked their small head, they eventually fell asleep, their chest vibrating with content.

"Good night, [Name]. We have a big day ahead of us."