:𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡:

you flit in and out of sleep, and as you arrive to your senses, albeit still a bit drowsy, you come to the gradual realization that you had your arms tightly wrapped around something very warm and firm. it expanded and retracted in slow intervals, and you blink several times; your eyes still heavy-lidded. it took a moment to comprehend that you indeed had your face planted in a dark-clothed chest; one that undeniably belonged to your childhood friend, fushiguro megumi.

swallowing nervously, you tilt your head upwards, where your eyes meet a beautifully sculpted face. wow. you've never had the luxury of exploring his visage this freely, and now that you could, you observe how exquisite it truly was, pouting jealously at the boy's luscious eyelashes.

hearing snickering arise from a different area of what you recognized as megumi's dorm room, you jerk and turn your head to look behind you in alarm. standing there, in fanboy and fangirl fashion, were your best friends, kugisaki nobara and itadori yuuji, the former videotaping the sweet moment. blood rushes to your face, and you immediately unlock your arms tangled behind megumi's back, and sit upright, facing your classmates; ready to verbally defend yourself.

waving your hands in front of you, you hastily express, "i-it's not what it looks like, i swear!" your pleas fall on deaf ears as both nobara and yuuji sport lenny faces. from behind you, you sense a certain ravenette begin to stir. not long after, you hear a tired, annoyed, but attractively coarse voice mumble, "what's happening?" oh. lord. don't simp, don't simp, don't simp. aaaaa, but his morning voice; what a blessing.

lost in your thoughts, you don't notice nobara hurry over to the other side of the bed to show megumi the photos she had taken until you snapped out of your trance, noting her absence. you whip your head around and reach out, attempting to prevent her from displaying her phone screen, but it was too late. curious to see megumi's reaction, you dart your eyes over to scan his facial features once more,  and look down in embarrassment, covering your flushed face with both hands when you saw that he looked indifferent to the whole incident. however, it had escaped from your scrutiny that the tips of his ears were tinged pink.

yuuji starts poking fun at you, but stops and nonchalantly sits down next to you in a laidback manner, intending to clarify the situation. laughingly, he conveys, "remember how we were all hanging out at fushiguro's room last night? you fell asleep mid-convo bro."

"yup yup. we were surprised you were still here in the morning... hugging each other," nobara continues with a hand on her hip, grinning teasingly at megumi.

said person grunts and answers: "they were heavy and impossible to wake up," while you protest, "stopp i just have a habit of hugging whatever's closest to me when i sleep, and that just happened to be him!" a pause, as you register the ravenette's reply. "byee heavy? leavingg," you counter light-heartedly in a semi-offended tone, sliding off the mattress, stepping over a tangle of blankets kicked onto the floor, and sauntering out of the room. it was second nature for the both of you to lightly tease each other in this fashion, but the others weren't quite aware of your relationship dynamics.

nobara sighs, lightly chopping the top of her classmate's head with her hand, adding, "you know fushiguro, you're pretty smart, but lowkey kinda dense, not gonna lie."

chuckling, yuuji agrees while picking up the fallen comforter, "yeah, she's right. some people don't appreciate being called 'heavy,' but it's ok. better wording next time, man!" he shakes the blanket out to get rid of any impurities from the rather well-kept floor, folds it messily, and returns it to its habitat. the two then follow you out of the room after yuuji gave his friend an encouraging back slap, leaving megumi alone in his thoughts, wondering whether he hid his accelerating heartbeat well.

as soon as he heard the door shut, his face explodes in a fiery hue. gripping one side of his face, the boy mutters, "crazy... they've got to be crazy..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

a/n: lmao hii i hope none of my friends find me on this acc :D