Chapter 4: The Conditions. 🖋

1. The wedding will dissolve after one year if both the partner agree. (Rude)
2. In case of divorce the wife will be paid 10 Million rupees. (Greedy)
3. If one of the spouse refuses the contract the other can always appeal for the court. (Selfish)

After making myself a cup of tea 🍵 this morning, I have started to work on making points for the contract even though none of us agreed there would be a one but still to be on a safe sight I wanted one. You also agreed to this marriage dumbass!! Under whatsoever circumstances.

I jumped up on a knock on my door. "Hey!" Mahreen peeked inside, I immediately slide the paper under the pillow and forced a smile. "What are you upto?" She asked.

"Where were you last night? I thought you you would come but then again I was so tired to wait and I fell asleep." I reasoned. She came over, hopped on the bed beside me and tentatively listened to me.

"Yesterday was a big day for you I just wanted you to forget everything and relax." She reasoned. "And by the way you locked the door last night. I thought you needed sometime alone." She added.

"I didn't lock the door." I clarified but now that I try to recall, I did lock it. I remember unlocking it in the morning.

"It's okay, I'm glad you did or else I would have bombarded you with questions. You should relax." She said.

"Do you think I can relax after thinking over everything? Oh, I wish I could forget last night and everything would turn back to the way it was. Oh, you don't know how much I regret going to the wedding.." I whined. "I can never get married to Adam, now." I said disappointedly.

"Oh goodness, Adam just texted Ahmed asking if you could help him with the wedding dress for Amna. Amna's parents are too strict to leave her with her fiancee, Adam's sister Hira will be there too?" I give this thought a shot.

I had no specific reason to refuse and seeing Adam for the last time before he was married was worth a shot. The only problem was that this time, I was the one married and I shouldn't be thinking that way. "Fine, sure. What time?" I asked.

"Get ready in an hour, and don't tell them about your wedding. Mom said she will talk to her family in person since non of them was invited." Mahreen said and left me alone. Adam was Mom's brother's son and it would upset them that I got married without them being a part of it.

Brushing the thought off my mind I went inside the bathroom freshen up and changed into a nice lawn three piece suit before they came to fetch me up.

Adam walked out of the car, looking breathtakingly handsome. His hairs were resting at the side of his face, his eyes bowed down in respect as he held the door open for me. Indeed, Amna is one lucky girl. Adam really resemble Uncle Sajjad a lot. "Asalamualaikum." He greeted.

"WalaikumaSalam." I greeted back and climbed on the back seat of the car. "Asalamualaikum Hira, how're you?" Hira was sitting on the passenger seat beside Adam. Adam just got inside the car and started the engine. Just as the car started my eyes drew to him on the rare mirror of the car but on our first eye contact we both looked away.

"I'm fine, infact I'm more than fine since you agreed to come along." She said.

"Oh no problem." I said. I was on my wedding holidays anyways.

"You have a good sense of fashion unlike my brother Adam and that will help." She chuckled. "We wouldn't want to disappoint Amna Bhabhi." She added I just briefly nodded, half heartbroken.

After a little conversation, the rest of the drive was silent until we reached shopping. We stepped out of the car and went inside the mall.

We hit off almost the best bridal shops but after not finding a perfect dress Adam looked heartbroken, disappointed and tired. "She said, she always wanted to wear silver dress on her wedding." Adam spoke on behalf of his fiancée. "But none of them looks good." I felt sorry for him and jealous of Amna. Why not me? I'm not as beautiful as Amna but still I'm his first cousin. Someone you see more frequently.. Even though Sohail and I are first cousins as well but due to his foreign studies he was never a part of our childhood gathering.

"Bhai, we will look for-" Hira tried to cheer him up.

I did something unbelievable next. I pulled out a beautiful silver wedding lehenga with full embezzled silver work on it. The whole dress was beyond beautiful and heavy. Adam's eyes widened in happiness and that just made my day. Stop ogling over the poor guy, you married woman!!

"Oh my goodness.. Samreen this is gorgeous.." Adam took the dress from me and checked it. "Amna will look so pretty.. let me send her a picture.." Just as Adam clicked a picture the shop keeper appeared and narrowed his eyes.

Adam ignored the shop keeper until Amna replied, she approved of the dress with three hearts. We got the dress, packed it and  walked over to the shoe shop, since the dress didn't need any kind of alterations. Apparently Amna and I had the same shoe size so I had to try everything and stand up with Adam to check the height as well. Yes, Amna was just an inch taller than me.

This day was painful for me, pretending to be the bride of someone you loved was hard. It was heart wrenching. This one was the fourth shoe shop and thirteenth heel in my feet. By the time, I was tired of standing so eventually I stumbled. Surprisingly, Adam held me by shoulders and helped me sit on the couch. "Are you alright?" He gently asked, I hesitantly nodded and looked away. It was just the two of us since Hira was looking for her own heels. "I am sorry for bothering you." He apologised. We cousins weren't so close and everything was Conservative.

"No, no.. I had a busy day yesterday and I came without breakfast." I reasoned. I couldn't gulp anything down my throat ever since I stepped home as someone's wife. I barely had morning tea whike coming up with the contact. I don't know the wedding just happened so quickly that I was out of emotions but now I feel like bursting into tears. I just wanna scream at the top of my lungs.

He immediately stood up. "Then I definitely owe you food. Let's go to the food court and get you something." I took the heels off and slipped into my sandals. "Hira, let's get something to eat and we will go shopping later." I was so impressed with this guy yet again, heart broken. He is such a caring soul.

Hira joined us and we all moved towards the escalator. Hira was the first one to get on it, and Adam waited until I would step on it. My vision got a little blurry, yesterday's stress, heart break, and the empty stomach.

It was all too much for me. Losing my control, I slipped and fell into Adam's arms. All the people around gapped at me. Adam patted my cheek trying to bring me back to consciousness. Hira stepped out of the escalator and so did Adam with me leaning all over me. He gently put me on the floor. "Oh Allah! Samreen.. are you alright??" Hira panicked. I tried to stand up with my half open eyes and wobbly legs but stumbled and last but not the least I threw up all over Adam. I was puking on the guy I loved and still expected him to choose me over his Fiancee.

People did what they did these days, most of them were videotaping me. "Stop it. She's a lady, give her some privacy." Adam spoke out for me. Oh he needs to stop being such a gentleman if he has no intention of marrying me. If he has no intention of marrying a married woman. Lol!

One of the lady knelt down. "I know you, you were the bride yesterday.. Oh my God!! SHE'S SOHAIL SHAIKH'S WIFE." She screamed. All the eyes raised up in utter disbelief. The scene was too dramatic and puke worthy for me. "Darling, could you call him here?" She requested her husband and I was too weak to utter a word, Adam and Hira stared at me in shock until I lost consciousness and everything around me went dark.