☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Three

Jaemin bit the inside of his cheek as he reached his hand to knock on the door. He heard a few shuffling from the other side before the door opened revealing a pouting Jeno.

He was about to say something until the younger suddenly hugged him tight with his face nuzzled on his chest.

"I'm so sorry to annoy you, hyung! I've been a bad soulmate and roommate–" Jeno hiccups a little and Jaemin then realized that he was crying.

He bit his lip this time and pushes Jeno's face away from his chest, "stop it. I told you to stop crying over me." He glares as the younger nodded obediently. "Now wipe those tears away."

Complying, Jeno reaches his hands on his face to wipe his teary eyes and then down to his runny nose, thanks to his sweater paws, but now he has to change again or something.

Jaemin was still glaring at him and he couldn't help but tilt his head to the side in confusion, "you missed." The elder muttered before reaching his own hands to wipe Jeno's tear-stained cheeks.

The younger blushed before clearing his throat, "I'm sorry..." He mumbles quietly, looking down on his feet.

Usually Jaemin would roll his eyes or say something back, maybe a stern "shut up" will do the trick.

But he was surprised when the vampire boy instead sighed deeply and tilts his head up by the chin to make him look at him.

"No. I'm sorry."

He widened his eyes and his mouth was probably looking like those goldfishes because he couldn't utter any proper words of response at that.

Noticing, Jaemin bites back a retort at him and continues, "I know, I'm apologizing and it's shocking. But I'm sorry, I made you cry by what I've said. I didn't mean any of those."

Jeno stares at him for a moment in awe, he then slowly smiles at him. "It's okay, hyung, I forgive you." He said with his voice still slightly small from his previous short crying session.

"I understand anyways, I can be really annoying." He said but mostly to himself as he ends it with a small chuckle.

Jaemin seemed to have not liked that and how he said it, because his grip on Jeno's hips tightened. "Stop." He said curtly and just by that, Jeno nodded and kept quiet.

He then remembered something, which made him want to roll his eyes but didn't anyways. "I need to show you something. I think this is important."

Oh it is important, it's not like Jeno has been living with a talking cat for almost his whole life unbeknownst to him.

Without further words, Jeno was led towards the living room as they both sat on the couch. "What is it, hyung?" He asks the elder, fiddling his fingers as a habit.

Jaemin looks around and sighs, "go call Bongsik." He instructs briefly.

Humming and lighting up by the mention of his pet cat, Jeno was about to stand up. "Sure I'll go pick her–"

He was cut offed when Jaemin pulled him back on the couch by his wrist, which made him bounce a little from the impact and giggled at it.

"No, just call her." Jaemin said and tried to ignore that feeling in his body when he heard Jeno's giggle echo in the small apartment.

Jeno then did as told and called Bongsik's name like how he usually would. "Bongsikie~" he coos.

Not a second later, the feline enters the room from the kitchen– probably trying to find something to eat or entertain herself.

She slowly strides up to the two boys and jumps on top of the coffee table, sitting down as she stares at them before meowing softly.

Jeno smiles at her and turns to Jaemin who pinched the bridge of his nose, "just– do it. Talk and tell him." He said.

The younger was confused because the elder wasn't specific, was he talking to him or talking to himself?

"Hyung, who–"

"Hi Jeno." A voice spoke out of the blue, startling the said boy who looks around to see who it was.

His eyes then landed on Bongsik who grins at him, "yes, it was me. And yes, I can talk." She said just as nonchalant as she did to Jaemin.

Jeno blinks a few times, rubbing his eyes to look closely to examine the talking cat. His talking cat.

"Is this real?"

Jaemin rolled his eyes when he heard the boy's thoughts, "Yes, it's real. Your cat is talking to you loud and clear."

Hearing that, Jeno makes a "huh?" Sound at him as the elder groans. "I'm a vampire Jeno, I can read your mind if I want to." He stated.

Remembering, Jeno nods at him and turns to the cat again. "Say something again." He demands, just to be sure he wasn't hearing things even though Jaemin literally just confirmed it to him.

It's not that he doesn't believe the elder, but it could still be him hearing things.

Jaemin's an immortal after all, and it could be just him hearing Bongsik "talking" whilst Jeno heard nothing. It's immortal creatures' things.

"I really don't like Mark around, please keep him outside of this apartment." Bongsik spoke.

For some reason, Jaemin wanted to agree with that. Maybe because he thinks the raven haired boy was annoying too, not to mention he's Jeno's best friend as well.

Or maybe he's just being territorial. Of the apartment, because he lives here now too. Not because of Jeno, right?

Hearing the cat speak again and literally not taking any mind of what just she said about his best friend who has taken care of him very well on the same level as Bongsik does–

Jeno squeals loudly, like Jaemin had expected. And this is one of those moments where he doesn't like to have good hearing skills.

The younger turns to face him and clings onto his arm, "hyung! My cat just talked! That's so cool!" He said excitedly while swinging Jaemin's arm around to match his mood.

All Jaemin could do at that moment is to wait for Jeno to calm himself down, and just sat there rolling his eyes while Bongsik was licking her paws, waiting for her owner to calm down as well.

"My dear soulmate, I have a vampire soulmate and a talking cat now! That's amazing!"

"Pup, why weren't you this excited when I– nevermind."