Chapter 24

Liams POV

I'm meeting her dad and brother tonight I'm nervous, I've never done this, I've never had a girlfriend so meeting the family was never a problem.
We have just finished painting everything white, it already looks better, I'm looking forward to seeing what Fire is going to be painting on the walls, she said she would start tomorrow.  The bar has now been re-stained, I've already got my jobs for tomorrow, I have told Fire what my payment will be and it involves her and not a lot of clothes, I thought I would get a sarcastic comment instead I got "Ok, what colour heels shall I wear" man! I'm dead.
I'm now standing outside Fires bungalow what if he hates me, what if he thinks I'm not good enough, I'm no Angel, I've slept around....a lot.......got into fights done drugs, drunk until I can't remember yet she doesn't care. I knocked on the door.
Fire opens " hey, you ready" I nod and follow her into the lounge, her dad was sitting down on the sofa you could see they were related same eye colour, nose and hair colour.
"Dad, this is Liam my boyfriend, Liam this is Lucas my dad" we shook hands and both said nice to meet you, as we sat down a boy appeared, " Jamie this is Liam, Liam this is my brother Jamie" " nice to meet you Jamie" I said all he said was "hi" as he sat down next to his dad. Jamie didn't look like Fire but you could see similarities I'm guessing he looked more like his mom.  The evening went quickly, Lucas is very similar to Fire they are both very funny and sarcastic, Jamie is more reserved and quiet.  Fire showed me round the house and finally to her room, it was very her. She put some music on as we collapsed on the bed. " Did I do ok? I've never had to meet the family before" " you did great, dad seems to like you and that's all that matters" she said as she kissed my neck.
"Liam, where's your dad, have you spoken to him recently?" I turned to face her, moved her hair behind her ear " I haven't seen dad since July, I have no idea where he is, why?" "I just wondered?" "Umm is it ok, if we don't talk about it?" We put on a film but we didn't get to see the end of the film we both fell asleep. I love waking up with her in my arms, I could do it every day,
we have been at the bar everyday this week straight after school, she has painting one wall with an image of Ray with boxing gloves on, the next image looks like Stevie. She has also painted musical instruments and music signs, she said she had one more image to do on the walls.  I messaged dad to find out if he was coming home at all, "I don't know why I bother" I said as I threw the paint brush in the bucket" "are you ok?" "Dad messaged me back, he is staying with his new girlfriend and her kids, I don't know why I even bother anymore" "oh, I'm sorry" Fire said rubbing my back, I rub my hand over my face " I really want to tell him I hate him, I want to shout at him, I want him to care.... that's it, but he doesn't" "I know it's not the same but you have me, Blake and Levi, we can be a little family, I think if you want to get some stuff off your chest and your dad won't answer the phone maybe send him a text or email and explain everything and if he doesn't reply maybe it's time to cut the strings, I know it's hard but it might need to be done" I wrapped her arms round me and snuggled into her neck "I guess" we stayed like that for awhile.
"Oh before I forget we are having our little house warming party on Sunday afternoon, you and Levi can stay over if you want Saturday night after the re-opening of the bar, and we can let people know we are together now" "cool, do you need us to bring anything?" I said as I moved away from her to pick up the paint brush "I don't think so, dad said he is happy for us to have a few drinks but I don't know what drink he is buying"