The Pretty Foreign Student

"Have you heard about the new foreign exchange student?"

"He's like, super hot."

"He has a cute British accent."

Word about the new foreign exchange student has been around for at least a week. Clay has never seen this new guy, but he's already heard great things about him.

Nobody even knew him yet, they were just making stuff up. He was supposed to start coming to Clay's school today and he was already being talked about.

George was a nervous wreck. His family wanted to move to America because his mom got this awesome new job that she couldn't refuse. He would rather stay in England, it seemed much nicer there than in Florida. Too many Americans here.

He had no idea how school would even be. It seemed a lot different than what it was like back home.

"Well, here goes nothing," George groaned as he walked out the door towards his mom's car.

He gulped when he saw the school. It was a lot bigger than he imagined. It also had a lot of people headed inside, and he knew absolutely nobody there.

George took a deep breath and walked inside. They all looked like zoo animals. There were people racing around the hallways and dropping books. There were multiple people yelling to each other. It was all very chaotic.

George was thinking about turning around to leave but he couldn't. Maybe he can get through this.

"Hey, can you point me to the front office please?" George asks a girl who looks really sweet.

"Oh, of course! You're the new british student aren't you?"

"Yup, that's me."

"My name is Kate. It's nice to meet you." She put her arm out to shake his, and he does the same. She looks him up and down before turning towards the front office to lead him there.

"I'm George. Nice meeting you too." Kate gave a warm smile and helped him find the front office.

"If you ever need anything let me know!" She waved and went to her first class.

"He's really cute," she said to herself after she left the front office.

George was glad he knew at least one person here. He waited outside the counselor's office until she called him inside.

"Hello, nice to meet you George. Welcome to America, I really hope you're enjoying it so far," she said with a nice smile.

She was middle aged and she looked like a genuinely sweet lady.

"It's been different for sure," George responded. She let out a small laugh and talked about the classes he would be taking, and gave him a map of the school.

Soon enough, it was time for first class. He had the map in one hand and his schedule in the other. "Let's see, B102..."

It took long enough but he found the classroom. AP english, a great class to have first thing in the morning.

He takes a seat up front in hopes that Kate would be there. Nope, she hasn't walked in. Maybe he would make more friends.

A guy sat next to him and had a letterman jacket on. "Hey, are you the new foreign student?"

George nodded.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Nick." He smiled at him, but George couldn't say anything because his teacher started talking. Class was actually easy and he's glad that Nick seemed pretty chill.