I can't lose anyone

James and Sirius took the wolf, taking him out of the dumpster, They were going to disparate. Any other form of travel would be much more painful than this.

The boys were coming in. James and Sirius holding Remus, as they came inside, shouting, and crash opening the door of the Hospital Wing.

"Madam Pomfrey!!" Sirius shouted. "Come on!"

They slowed lowered him on the bed.

"What happened?"

"Hijacked!" James told her. "He was wolfing out, when some muggle shot him."

Sirius nodded. Madam Pomfrey was quickly taking out bullets from Remus's body. It was taking time. The news was spreading very fast, as they saw Peter and Lily come running towards them.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"It's nothing...." James whispered. "Just some muggle shot him, and he was trying to kill him."

The bullets were in counting, Madam Pomfrey had counted 23 bullet shell lodged in his arms, legs, stomach. But Madam Pomfrey quickly healed them all.

"He'll be fine!" Madam Pomfrey siad crisply. "All of you have to to go!"

"But..."

"I am...."

The boys started to argue when Madam Pomfrey threw them out, and Sirius took Peter ahead. Leaving James and Lily behind, alone.

James Potter was lost. He almost lost his friend today. His hands were shivering. He looked cold.

"James?"

He didn't listen.

"James?" Lily shook him.

"Huh?" He jumped with a jerk. 

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing....." She told him. "What happened to you?"

She asked.

"I thought we would lose him." He said quietly.

 Twisting his ring in his hand. The silver band, with a dark black stone with crested the Potter crest. A 'P' was carved into to it.

And he had another silver band on his other hand. All of them had. The Marauders. It had engraved Prongs.

"Lose him?" She looked shocked.

"We looked for him......everywhere...." He was muttering. He hadn't probably slept in almost a day. "And for a second..........just for a second, I thought he was.........." He became quiet.

 He was extremely tired. Sirius had already gone to sleep.

But this was something he was supposed to do. He needed to sleep, like ten hours ago. He swayed.

"James?" Lily held his hand. "What is happening?"

"Uh....Nothing!" He held himself back together. "I think I should go to bed."

"Ah.....Yeah!" She told him. "Obviously!"

Both of them walked to the Gryffindor Common room in silence. James fell to the bed, and slept right away. But Lily was up, as she thought of all the things she thought wrong about James Potter.

But she wasn't wrong either, he had changed. He had changed. For the better, for her.

Lily's morning would go as same as usual but James wasn't given that opportunity. 

All of them were sitting in the Transfiguration class, and having a very difficult spell to do. Exams were coming up in a week, and they all needed to study. All the Marauders were way back on their preparation.

James was trying help Sirius with the spell. Remus wasn't there, Peter was sitting alone.

The door opened and a parchment flew in, McGonagall caught it midair.

"Mr. Potter!" She barked at him, as he jumped at his voice.

"Yes, Professor?" He looked at her.

"Mr. Dumbledore's calling you....." She told him. "Some news, he has to give!"