and there it was..

teddys point of view

"What do we got?" i asked the paramedic, giving me the patients file. I got paged to the E.R. by the Chief of General, Meredith. She needs help with this case so, here I am.

"28 yearold female with internal bleeding and chestpain after being in a car accident. BP is about 140/90, gcs is 9." the paramedic told me. "Chest pain is the main reason but I thougt I page you in general just in case she gets a hard attack. I already paged neuro, Amelia should be coming any minute." Mer said while we were bringing the patient into a trauma room. We got her ready for CT and agreed with Amelia to meet us there. Iˋm almost sure that her head did not came out of the accident without any harm..

"Her CT looks clear, I just wanna stay with you in the OR in case anything changes. I am gonna observe." Amelia told us while checking the upcoming pictures on the screen. "So, looks like we are spending the morning together. Just like we planned ages ago." Mer laughed and got on her phone to block an OR. That is gonna take a while to stop this womans bleeding..

After we spent the morning in the OR, we stood together at the nurse station, reflecting the surgery. "This day just begun and I am already ready for bed again." Amleia laughed, Mer nod. "Me too. Hey, what do you guys think about a girls night. Movie, popcorn and Tequila. I could ask Hayes if he can watch the kids. His boys want to meet the girls again. And iˋm sure Link would love to babysit Scout" Mereditj added with a smile. "Maybe without the alcohol. I have to drive home and get Allison. And it would be great if I get there without being drunk." I said. "Okay, then girls night without alcohol. We donˋt wanna wake up with a hangover the next day."

We then agreed to meet at Merˋs at 9 p.m. I got everything aranged with Owen, which went surprisingly good, and then spent the evening with surgerys and when i wasnt in the OR, i spent most of the time on the toilett. And not because I was ill.

After I arrived at Mers house i took a last look in the mirror to check that I could go in there without looking like the death in person.
I nocked at the door and Mer immediately opened it. "Hey, come on in. Amelia is already here. We were just waiting for you" she said and took my jacket to the wardrobe. "Please feel at home. Do you wanna drink something?" she asked and i sat down on the sofa. "Just a glass of water please. That would be great." "A glass water, right away." Luckily didnˋt comment, she didnˋt even have a strange look. Good for me.

After a while weˋd spoken about everything that happened in the last time, which was a lot if you ask me. Mer surviving covid, Amelia becoming a mom and the chaos in my life. Literally..

Over time, i kept going to the bathroom and vomiting. Dizziness and tiredness made themselves felt. I.. I had the feeling, that I could tell Mer and Amelia without getting judged. They knew what i went trough which led to this present day, to my suspicion. But i didnt planned on telling them.. Which little did i know, changed after a few minutes.

"Okay, listen.. This has to stay between us. Do we understand each other? I need to tell you this because otherwise I will explode. And i keep vomoting so i guess this is suspicious enough. Its.. well.. some kind of important, that nobody is aware of what i am gonna tell you now okay?" "Teddy.. We are friends! Of course weˋre not telling anyone. Just spit it out before you gonna explode in my living room and become a patient yourse.." "Theres a chance that iˋm pregnant with Tom Koracicks child" i interrupt her, looking at her as her concerned, "Iˋm here for you"-Look changes into a "you canˋt be serious"-look.

(to be continued)