Chapter 13

The more you embrace the weird crazy things about you, the more you find your tribe. --Jinkx Monsoon

Don was levied. His feet stomped against the pavement as he headed towards the public park. Don collapsed against one of the benches and stared up at the sky. The purplish-red hues were shifting darker and darker. The sun was setting.

"That bastard," Don muttered to himself in a seething tone. Vlad this and Vlad that. It was a constant and he hated it! If it wasn't for Vlad, he'd be with Amelia no doubt. The talk would've been about them.

"You've been around him." A voice startled Don from his thoughts as he sat up. Another figure was standing away, arms crossed tight in front of their chest.

"Depends on who you mean who. Who are you?"

A snort exhaled from the figure," I'm a hunter. And from that disgusting smell coming off you, you've been around Vlad. Haven't you?"

That name boiled the blood in Don's body. He growled in annoyance. Someone else knew him and that means more talk of this fucker. How amazing.

"Yeah, and so what? And a hunter? Of what? Annoyance?"

The street lights started to all turn on as the sun was fully set now. The figure was illuminated by all the glowing light and Don could make out a perfect image before him.

The guy was definitely a good few inches taller than him. Lean otter mode like body type. What did this guy eat and do? Celery and cardio for a living? But that wasn't what Don was focused on the most. It was the look in this guy's eyes. It was the angry smiling look he had. His face was emotionless, but the twinkle in the hunter's eyes when Don had confirmed that he'd been around Vlad stirred a few questions.

"What's you're deal with Vlad," the hunter bluntly asked. Had it been anyone else, it probably would've felt like knives. Don only rolled his eyes and grunted. That gave the hunter a very clear answer.

"Where's he at now?"

Don didn't answer right away. Only shot back a question of why he wanted to know and what was his deal with Vlad. The hunter chuckled shaking his head.

"Vlad is an old friend. But things didn't turn out too well. I have some childish revenge I still need to take out on him for old times' sake. He stole my lover from me."

"Ha, something we share in common."

"Oh?"

Don, unaware, started to spit out everything. How Don had feelings for Amelia yet Vlad came into the image and she is with him. Don complained about how much he wanted to get back at Vlad for his side as well. How Vlad stole Amelia from him and it pissed him off greatly. Not even Lex was okay with the fact Don liked Amelia. This how the story had grabbed the hunter's attention.

The hunter wrapped an arm around Don's shoulders and sighed with a smile," I guess there is only one thing to do now. What to help me get back at him. For the both of us?"

Don looked at him with a quick nod. Oblivious to it all, the hunter had other plans in terms of 'revenge'.

When Don agreed to it, the hunter smirked, his grip on Don's shoulders tightened as they walked together around the park.

"We got to us Amelia to be part of it of course. Got to get your golden girl back for you."

---

Amelia and Lex were sitting on the couch while Stan occupied a solo chair to the side. All three were focused on the show that Lex had put on to disrupt the silence.

Among them, Stan was having trouble focusing. A strong smell kept his mind locked on. He only moved his eyes, trying to locate where it was coming from. He stood up and asked the girls if it was alright to grab a drink. Amelia smiled saying it was fine. Stan passed by them, Lex right at his side as he did and he staggered some. The smell was coming from Lex. Stan quickly exited, grabbed some water, and came back.

"Amelia, can I talk to you?" Stan was motioning to the front door with his head.

"Sure!" Lex blinked but shrugged turning her attention back to the T.V.

Amelia propped herself against the wall and smiled," What's up?"

"I think Lex is my mate."

This left Amelia dumbfounded. She didn't move. Her face was only frozen in awe with the warm smile she had when they stepped out. Nothing wavered. Stan started to panic from the lack of reaction that Amelia was giving him. The only thing that came from her mouth was how.

"I can smell Lex. It was messing with me while we were all sitting so, I just thought it was something you guys did to the room. But no, it got stronger when I walked past Lex. Around the house, it's faint, like the rooms she had been in, but just her, it's strong."

Amelia giggled and opened the front door heading back inside. She was on a mission now. This was news and some great news!

---

"What!?" Lex yelped out. Amelia was shooing her down so Stan didn't freak out from the other room. Amelia had let Stan tell Lex himself. Lex was really silent from it. She had stood up, grabbed Amelia's arm, and yanked her to her bedroom so Stan couldn't hear. Hopefully. This was really mindboggling now. All of this.

"Amelia, come on, there's no way." Lex was trying to figure out if maybe Stan was just smelling something random off her and not like, a fated destiny thing. She wasn't prepared for this; not like she should've been at least! Who would be prepared for it?

"Lex, you are freaking out for no reason! Take a breather!"

"No reason? My best friend isn't even human, neither is her lover and now I have his friend smelling me and saying we are fated together. Loooook, I don't want to be that person, but this is a lot all at the moment. This is not something that I was prepared for or even thought about. So, my freak out is definitely not for no reason."

Amelia knew she was right. Even she was shocked too when she found out about Vlad. She smiled at Lex and sighed," Alright. But at least give him a chance. Please? It's not like you have anyone you're chasing after!"

"Hey!" Lex chased Amelia out of the room and back into the living room where Stan was sitting. His body seemed to relax when he saw the girls lively.

----

A couple of days pass as word gets out to all the wolf packs and other supernatural beings hear the news of the vampire queen and the wolf king being mates as a strong bond will form for both sides of the wolves and vampires.