Breakfast Together

I walked to the lobby hand in hand with Tommy before looking at him in surprise as he dropped my hand so fast it was as if it had burned him.

"What was that for?" I asked in confusion.

"Gene's over there, that's why," he said apologetically.

I followed his gaze, looking at a table across the lobby where Gene and Eric were eating breakfast together. Eric looked up from his plate, locking eyes with me before his gaze darted to Tommy and he smiled, giving me a wink before turning back to Gene.

I watched as he talked with him, hoping desperately he wasn't going to tell Gene about me and Tommy, before to my surprise the two of them rose to their feet, walking out of the dining area. 

Tommy let out a low whistle before giving me a grin. 

"I'm impressed he managed to get Gene away from his food," he said, picking my hand back up and walking with me to the buffet.

"I'm impressed he was willing to leave his own food," I said with a smile, heart soft. I was always able to count on Eric to help me out, even when I didn't realize I needed the help.

"Guess I owe the cat one," he said, helping me get a plate of breakfast foods together despite me saying I could take care of it myself. 

We sat across from each other at the table, eating breakfast and chatting happily, perfectly comfortable in each other's company. He was casually holding my hand on top of the table now that we were safe from any prying eyes. 

I focused far more on devouring him with my eyes than I did on eating any of the food in front of me. I just couldn't get enough of him. He was perfect, absolutely everything about him was amazing, in looks and personality. He was an absolute dreamboat and a total sweetheart, and I had never been more in love. 

"Hey Tommy?" I asked abruptly. 

"What's up?" he said, tilting his head to the side and giving me a curious look.

"What...what are you looking for in this relationship?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Throwing out the big questions on the second day we're together, hm?" he teased, and I could feel my face grow pink.

"Sorry if I'm being too much, I just--"

"No no it's not unreasonable at all! Sorry, I was only teasing you. Well, in all honesty I'm not sure what I'm looking for in this relationship. One day I want to find the woman I'll make my wife and have a family with, and I won't deny the feeling I have that said woman is you, but I don't want to try and force anything either. I want us to progress naturally and take things at the speed we want to," he said, eyes warm.

I nodded, heart fluttering, and he gave me a curious look.

"What do you want from this relationship?" he asked.

"You," I blurted, before feeling my face begin to burn. 

"Mm you are feisty today," he said, and I smirked.

"Just wait until tonight," I said, watching in satisfaction as his face tinged pink. "But I guess I'm just the same as you. I do want to end up finding the one, I don't want to live my life alone and unmarried. And I want you to be the one, I love you! So if it's meant to be, it'll be. And if not..." 

"Hey, let's not think about the negatives, alright? Don't get pessimistic so early in," he said with a chuckle. 

"I won't! I want to be with you," I said, giving his hand a squeeze.

"And I've never loved a woman as much as I love you," he said, before looking at his watch with a sigh. "Ironic I say that and then immediately tell you I need to leave to get started prepping for the show."

"That's life as a rockstar. And as someone dating one," I said with a smile. 

He kissed me on the cheek. 

"That's the spirit babe."