Cursed AU

So, this is going to be kind of supernatural-y/magic AU.

3rd pov

Karma would like it to go in the records that he was not a willing participant in this. He was not and still is not. You see, Karma Akabane was "born" on December 25, though exactly what year is still unknown to Karma himself. Karma himself, is a phoenix that had a bad case of wrong time wrong place, and had got the wrong end of a revenge driven fallen angels curse. He had not known the immediate affects - that's what happens what an asshole curses you and it makes you sleep for 100s of years - until he had woken and found it to be at least the early 2000s. He had been asleep and ageless for almost a thousand years.

For a phoenix, most lived naturally long lives, but even they hit their limits around 800. Karma had found out all too quickly what his curse was and he hated it. Still does. Karma was already about 500 years old before the curse was placed on him, and he had stopped physically aging by 18 - he is slightly taller than the average teenager in middle school - and he graduated from a many number of schools, though all under different names. He had been all over the world and has tons of money saved up, which he uses to buy a house in this small little town.

Honestly, he had not planned to go to Kunugigaoka high, but his plans had been pretty quickly derailed and so he makes up an excuse on the spot - he'd been suspended for violence - and gives the officer a date for his return to school. The man nods and accepts that before heading back off to patrol, giving the others a description of Karma so they know when he has to go back to school. So, with a bit of frustration, Karma uses magic to make the kids and adults in the main building fake memories of him and his suspension - no need to bother with grade E, he can tell their all magical even from the bottom of the mountain - and prepares for school to start.

Imagine his surprise when he's tasked with helping to kill their teacher - Korosensei, a curse inflicted on him slowly over time that will cause him to blow up within a year - and he starts to make friends. It's a weird experience, what with witches, wizards, golems, machines, vampires, werewolves, demons and a few angels all mixed together, but Karma enjoys his time and starts to love each of them, holding them dear to his heart. He's lived for almost 2,500 years, he knows when to treasure what he's found and that's exactly what he does. Of course, the rest of the class know he's a supernatural creature, but not what he is or else they might panic, as most people do when they run into a phoenix.

They had been given a bad reputation by a rogue early on in the years when the supernatural were coming out into the open and so most people are weary around them, as if they're going to dive bomb and explode like the asshole who had given the first impression to humans.

It had only been a few months, but the life that had been literally the worst thing ever, dragging by both too fast and far too slow for Karma, had begun to move at a more normal pace, letting him enjoy and treasure these people that would most likely die long before he got the chance to experience the embrace. With his curse - immortality, something no other creature would wish on another, not even vampires the 'supposed' immortal creatures ( they really only lived for about a thousand years, longer than any other creature) would force immortality on another - he would live forever or until someone found a way to undue the curse. 

Now you may be thinking because he's a phoenix he could already be considered immortal, since they can be reborn, but they can really only be reborn 3 times before they die for real. Karma had only died once, when he was about 300 to a hunter thirsting for their first kill, no matter whether it was a peaceful monster or not. Karma had been his unlucky victim and he'd bled to death in a forest all alone for hours. 

As the days get warmer Karma finds it hard to resist the urge to lay in the sun, absorbing the warmth into himself, enjoying this for hours as well as the gossip of his classmates who are trying to determine what he might be. He finds great amusement in how far off they are - werewolf, golem and an angel - but let's them speculate. The class continues to grow closer and closer, becoming the family that Karma had never truly had - his parents killed when he was pretty young, only about 100 - and he decides they're all his, to protect and cherish and love, from anything and everything if need be.