Chapter 14: But if it's that bad.

2D PoV

There she was.. the live I've longed for. I-I thought she was dead. Did she think the same of me? My love returned. Was she the same after all those years ago?
"Y-y/n.."
"2D!"
She jumped into my arms. She hugged me tightly and looked into my white eyes. She cried and held onto me. I hugged her back. I got into my knees so we could look at each other face to face. I felt a warm feeling in my face. Tears. She wiped them away with her thumb.
"I missed yew"
"You have no idea"
"C'mon luv. Let's get yew cleaned up."
I grabbed her hand and kissed it. I kept holding it. She didn't hold it back. I lead her up the stairs into my bathroom. I grabbed a cloth and wiped her face. It was less red now.
"Just like old times eh, luv?"
She laughed a little. She began to zone out probably thinking about plastic beach.
"C'mon let's go to ma room."
I took her to my room. I sat her down on the bed.
"Dew yew need a change of clothes?"
I looked at the shirt she was wearing. It was my shirt.. blood stained from the night I abandoned her.
"N-no!"
She yelled at me..
"I mean no. Sorry."
"Yewr alrigh' Hun."
I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her. She placed her head on my shoulder and looked up at me. She looked guilty.
"2D?"
"Yes?"
"You um. You accidentally dropped this at uh the island."
She took a ring off her finger and handed to to me.

"Oh fank yew! I fought I lost this foreva!"She smiled and played with my hair

She smiled and played with my hair.
"Oh um uh. Why are yew here luv? Yew didn't know I was here and it's late.. "

"Oh well I was walking to a bar in my pajamas and some guy with a knife was chasing me. I found this house and pounded in the door. That guy- uhh.... Ace opened it and asked who I was. I told him about the guy. But I recognized him cause the other day when I was hanging out with Russ and Noodz they mentioned him. I asked if he knew them and he said he did and then talked about he was in Gorillaz and so I told how I used to be in Gorillaz yadda yadda."

"Oh! I'm sorry that happened to yew luv. Yew should stay da night!"

"Really?"

"Listen, I haven't seen yew in like years! We deserve a sleepover!"

She simply nodded her head and got up. She began to pace back and fourth thinking about something. After a couple if minutes her face lit up.

"Let's watch a movie! We could watch a horror one! You pick!"

There was my y)n

"Great idea. Let's watch..."

Y/n pov

I stared at him waiting for his pick. A devious smirk grew on his face.
"The shining"
I normally am not scared of horror movies but the shining freaked me out.
"2Deeeeeee"
"Wut yew said I could pick?"
"Ugh fine"
He put in the movie as I got comfy on his bed. He was across from the bed. He turned to look at me and gave me a smile. He ran up and jumped into the bed. We laughed. The movie began to play. There wasn't much jumpscares but the music would freak me out. At one if the scenes the music randomly spiked and scared me. I jumped into him. He jumped when I grabbed him. I was about to get off but he grabbed onto me. He held me. Once the movie was over he let go. He checked the time on his phone.
"Oo 12 am. Let's go for a drive Y/n!"
"A drive?"
"Ya! We can catch up while we drive and it's really pretty at night c'mon!"
He hopped out of bed.
"Race you to the Stylo"
His eyebrows furrowed but In a competitive way.
"3...2..1!"
We bolted down the stairs but since his legs were so long he won. He looked so happy. I was so happy. I love this man. Does he still love me like he said he did on plastic beach? We got into the car and he turned in the radio. He began to drive.
" So what happened afta yew left?"
"Plastic beach?"
"Duh"
"Not much. Russel and Noodle disappeared and I moved on. I never got any word about your where abouts. I thought you died. Murdoc obviously went to jail blah blah."

"For a little I thought da pirates killed yew. I found out yew were alive. Couldn't find yew though..."

"Hey that's alright. We are together now."

There was a weird silence so I was about to ask about his day but he beat me to it

"So uh what did yew do today luv?"

"Hmm. I went to the beach, uh roller skates, uhhh-"

That's when I remembered the interview with Jamie.

"Y'know how my sister has a radio show-"

"Oh yeah! Yewr sista Jamie! I rememba yew Talkin bout her."

"Yeah I did an interview with her today."

"Why?"

"Just cause Im a former member of Gorillaz."

"I fink her show starts now. Let's turn it on."

You could then hear my sister and her fiance on the radio.

"Today we interviewed Y/n l/n, my sister, and a former band member of the Gorillaz!"

The recording of our interview soon vegan to play. 2D listened nodding his head at my answers smiling. Then the questions came.

"So Y/n, why did you leave Gorillaz?"
"Well we kind of just disbanded."
"What do you mean?"

2D furrowed his eyebrows slightly and listened to me explain that we all went our separate ways.

"Ok um y/n, we are a little confused. So what happened was you guys disbanded after plastic beach and then the rest of the band got back together and you just... Didn't?"

"I'm sorry what the hell do you mean Gorillaz got back together?"

"You didn't know..?"

2D pov

I heard Y/n sigh. Her sister's fiance came back in the radio.
"That's when Y/n left!"
"Isn't that crazy that her band got back together? Without her?"
"Yes, Jamie! She was one of the main fucking vocalist for god's sake!"

Y/n quickly changed the radio to some music. She looked at me and began to tear up.
"Why did you guys not tell me.."
"I don't know.."
"You know damn well 2 fuckin d!"
" I WAS SCARED Y/N!"
it got quiet. Too quiet.
"I'm sorry 2D.."
"It's alrigh' luv yew have every right to be angry"
She looked at me deeply. She smiled. I parked the car on a hill. I looked back at her.
"You are my best friend 2D. You know that right?"
Friend..
"Of course I do!"
I punched her arm playfully.