XIV- Shisui's Death

<3 Month Time Skip>

(Natalia's POV)

I was coming home from my training with Kakashi, and I noticed that there weren't many people around in the district. I discreetly made my way over to the Nakano shrine where I knew the clan gathered for their meetings.

When I arrived, I shrouded my chakra and observed close by, as many of the clansmen entered the meeting place. I spotted Auntie Miko and Uncle Fugaku outside watching everyone.

I overheard Miko mutter something about Itachi not being there yet, which I knew was obviously because he was either spying on them nearby or had a separate mission. What kind of confused me though, was that she also said that Shisui hadn't arrived either.

But then I realized why.

Every inch of my body went stiff as fear crept up my entire being.

'No.'

Slightly snapping out of my fear, I teleported away to the nearest area of the woods where no one could see me.

I stood wide eyed for a few seconds processing what was about to happen.

'No. No. No. Please.. just no."

Tears instantly filled my eyes as I bolted in the direction of the spot where Itachi, Shisui and I always went to relax, where the cliff overlooking the Naka River is located.

'Shisui, I can't lose you yet. I can't lose my big brother.'

I stopped in my tracks once I neared the area. I shrouded my chakra and slowly approached the clearing and hid behind a tree.

The first thing I saw was him. His right eye gone, and blood trailing down his cheek. It was clear he barely managed to escape Danzo and his anbu men.

I observed and listened carefully, as I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't interfere. But...I didn't even get a goodbye...

"It seems we can't prevent the Uchiha coup d'etat." Shisui spoke. "And if civil war erupts in the Leaf, the other villages will invade for sure. True war will break out. When I tried to stop all this with my Kotoamatsukami, Danzo stole my right eye... that man doesn't trust me at all. He intends to protect the village his way, no matter what it takes or how it looks. I suspect he'll come after my left eye, so I'll give it to you before he has a chance."

As he started bringing his hand up to take out his eye, I ran out towards him shouting, "WAIT!"

I couldn't help it, I needed my goodbye.

(Third POV)

The two Uchiha instantly froze and their eyes widened when they heard her voice.

Shisui felt a sudden surge of guilt and anguish when he watched Natalia run towards him with tears streaming down her face.

His face drastically shifted from having a calm expression to a saddened one. Tears had never filled his eyes quicker.

He couldn't even remember the last time he cried, and here, it took one glance at the little girl whom he loves so deeply as his own sister, to break him.

Itachi was almost shocked to see Shisui's face. He could tell it was pure sorrow and guilt that had spread across his face, as tears threatened to escape the one eye he had left.

"Shisui I need a proper goodbye." Natalia weeped. Neither of them had ever seen her like this. They couldn't tell which was more prominent on her facade: sadness, fear...or guilt.

Shisui struggled to speak for a moment from the lump that had formed in his throat, "you knew this was going to happen didn't you? I can see the guilt on your face, Natalia. Don't you dare blame yourself for any of this."