Vision (✨🌧️)

"Vis?" you said.

"Yes, y/n darling?"

"Can we just not get up today?"

You two had just finished watching a late-night movie, popcorn spilled on the floor along with the bowl. Both of you didn't feel like getting up, and you two ended up cuddling together on the couch, not wanting to move.

"Mhm..." you heard Vision chuckle from behind as he fiddles with your hair affectionately. "Let's just stay here today."

There was silence for a while, but it wasn't an awkward one, it felt comfortable. After all, you were so convinced that Vision was your forever one and only. Believe it or not, you believed that you two were made for each other. You thought of him as your best friend, your lover, your soulmate, the list can go on forever.

Suddenly, you heard him grunt as he stood up from the couch.

"Where are you going?" you ask, slightly disappointed.

He didn't say anything, but picked you up, making you squeal with delight. He made his way to the bedroom, nearly throwing you onto the bed. He tucks you into the blankets and quickly scurries next to you for more cuddles.

"Hm, much better," he said, holding you close to his chest once again. You giggle, feeling protected once again in his arms.

"Vis."

"Hm?"

"I can feel your heartbeat," you smile a little. "Why is it so fast?"

"What is?"

"Your heartbeat."

"Isn't it obvious?" he chuckled.

"No, not really."

"'Cause I'm with you." You could feel yourself blush slightly, your heart skipping a beat.

"Will you always love me like this?" you ask out of pure curiosity.

"Of course, when will I not?" he says as he smiles while caressing your hair.

"You'll always be here, right?"

"Of course, darling, when will I never?" he repeats.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

You couldn't really trust him on that though. Who knows what would happen on the battlefield? What if he suddenly dies, and you'll find his teammates standing in front of your door, their heads hanging in apology? Nothing lasts forever, even love. After all, promises are meant to be broken. He's gone, he's dead. And he's never coming back.